2017-10-19 - Sao Paulo
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. It just HAS to be 40, just like on the 360 tour (no performances during the tour but an almost improptu version at the end of the last show).

2. I would love Stay because it’s my favourite u2 song but as a true closer I also have to go with 40.
  3. Of course 40 just like at Moncton which was the weirdest 'venue' of that but a memorable gig...Arcade Fire support...
    (gridlock afterwards, 4 hours to get back)

Do U2 fans know 40 anymore ?
  4. I dont think they will play 40
  5. We try to see U2 in different places every tour. We saw them in Seattle the 2nd show of this tour. It was a great setlist, including Bad and ASOH...the night ended with IWF. Since then, I have kept up with the tour, and was kinda bummed that Sao Paulo was added afterwards as I have always wanted to see them there. I am so glad I went to Seattle. Since then, it seems that U2 has dropped one or two songs from the evening's setlist. ASOH has vanished, and it just looks to me like U2 is sorta just going through the motions. Same setlist pretty much night after night, and I just don't like One as the last song. I was so psyched that they picked ASOH as the "rarity" this tour. I bet there are others like me that never got to hear it. I hope this is just an aberration this tour, and not the start of them being a nostalgia act. I know they are doing some new material, but it kinda feels that way. JT is great to hear, especially side 2, but the rest of the night....meh
  6. Originally posted by johnnypostal:We try to see U2 in different places every tour. We saw them in Seattle the 2nd show of this tour. It was a great setlist, including Bad and ASOH...the night ended with IWF. Since then, I have kept up with the tour, and was kinda bummed that Sao Paulo was added afterwards as I have always wanted to see them there. I am so glad I went to Seattle. Since then, it seems that U2 has dropped one or two songs from the evening's setlist. ASOH has vanished, and it just looks to me like U2 is sorta just going through the motions. Same setlist pretty much night after night, and I just don't like One as the last song. I was so psyched that they picked ASOH as the "rarity" this tour. I bet there are others like me that never got to hear it. I hope this is just an aberration this tour, and not the start of them being a nostalgia act. I know they are doing some new material, but it kinda feels that way. JT is great to hear, especially side 2, but the rest of the night....meh
    Uniquely, the whole tour is a nostalgia tour but of course they will never be a nostalgia act (like the Stones).

The new stuff is the weakest IMHO.
  7. I hope they'll end on "40" but it'll probably be I Will Follow, which would be a good closer too. Better, though, would be I Will Follow AND "40"...
  8. 40 (snippet) / One
  9. Last tour without 40 was Elevation tour, and last tour without Party Girl was Popmart.
  10. Elevation at least had the '40' snippet. So both quite a while ago!
  11. I hope they will end with Party Girl and 40.