1. Originally posted by Alvin:What's the snippet (or snippets) on Dublin New Years Concert (31.12.1989)? Some "Brother Take Your Chance" and "Bittersweet Love" - is it some improv or addition as "Come On Down" on Wide Awake version?
    I also have a list of unidentified snippets, which I'll share soon..
  2. okay... and these are among them, right?
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:What's the snippet (or snippets) on Dublin New Years Concert (31.12.1989)? Some "Brother Take Your Chance" and "Bittersweet Love" - is it some improv or addition as "Come On Down" on Wide Awake version?
    That's Bono improvising Alvin. He did that very often in the Lovetown tour. The "bittersweet love" part also becomes "sweetest thing" in times. Check Paris 89-12-11 and Dortmund 89-12-15 where he did that again, but even better. Two of the best Bads you'll find.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    That's Bono improvising Alvin. He did that very often in the Lovetown tour. The "bittersweet love" part also becomes "sweetest thing" in times. Check Paris 89-12-11 and Dortmund 89-12-15 where he did that again, but even better. Two of the best Bads you'll find.
    I thought so, just wanted to confirm that I love Lovetown Bad(as)s
  5. Not sure if it's the right place for this but does anyone know of any versions that are similar to Stockholm 92 where the Edge uses some sort of wah-wah effect during the beginning of the song?
  6. 1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
    He sings the shit out of the song and unlike most of the other 80s versions he sings Wide Awake well without screaming and straining.

1987-04-02 - Chicago
    One of the few good versions from JT tour.

1993 Dublin Radio broadcast
    Brilliant version

1997 Popmart Bad Snippet
    Only time that Bono hit the C# live

1998 Popmart
    Played in lower key which makes it sound a bit different.

2005-04-25 - Seattle
    Great version.

360 Pittsburgh
    Bonos voice is top notch on this one.
  7. Regarding th JT30 Tour : Berlin without a doubt

Heroes/Helden is a must
  8. Oakland 1987-11-15, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

One of the longer versions of the tour and one of my favourites.

Bono@8.04 - "Don't be an asshole, don't burst the FXXXXX balloon"
  9. This should be divided in two different "categories"...
    Best Bad Performances
    and Best Bad Snippets.
  10. Important distinction.
    And people: a snippet you like doesn't make a great Bad performance. Bono could be having a frog in his throat but he sang La Marseillaise and it becomes the best performance ever?
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Important distinction.
    And people: a snippet you like doesn't make a great Bad performance. Bono could be having a frog in his throat but he sang La Marseillaise and it becomes the best performance ever?