1. Yeah, probably. Just like Cedarwood Road, which has some acoustic guitars in the album version that were scrapped altogether for the live performances.
  2. Playboy Mansion was sampled too

3. How dare they... ripping lyrics off
    the lord
  4. Also same song... borrowing the ‘how long... sing song’ off SBS. Anyone think they’ve only been doing this recently with Volcano and 13.
  5. Actually, David wasn't very original neither: There's several psalms that include the "sing a new song" lyrics...

---

Off topic
    (One of the most excitingly shocking memories of U2 I have is thinking how it was funny that some psalms had that line and then connecting the dots in my mind "40?... what if..." and looking immediately for psalm 40... and feeling disappointed because it didn't match... then remembering that some psalms have a double numbering, so then looking for psalm 39 (40), and boom! there it was... I wanted to tell everyone about it but apparently there wasn't anyone around that cared)
  6. If we analyze all the other songs.....many have references to the bible and religion in General...not only 40
  7. Oh my god sampling complaints here too? It's like U2Start, welcome to the 20th century nowadays.
  8. Oh, sorry for bothering you.
    Excuse us for wishing that our favorite band writes and records everything they release.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Oh, sorry for bothering you.
    Excuse us for wishing that our favorite band writes and records everything they release.
    Except they did "write" it... also Elton John has worked with a songwriter for all of his life and people respect him.