1. Originally posted by Faceman2000:Sorry, that was really snarky. Maybe you were actually trying to be helpful. I'm just tired of hearing the Glastonbury and Lady with the Spinning Head arguments and I feel like crap today. My apologies.
    no worries... I don't take it personally
    I just love both songs (Glastonbury and LWTSH/Take You Down) and always would prefer Glastonbury over both two songs (Volcano and AS). And Volcano is different song with just that bridge and I even think American Soul was first and Volcano with the mention like Lights of home to Iris and 13 to SFS... but thematically it fits like that so in the end it's confusing. if it was double album, it would make more sense *rant over*
  2. Originally posted by Faceman2000:Does anyone know of any examples of other bands, songs, musicians, etc. using a small part of one of their compositions and turning it into the major focus of a later work? Like how they took Volcano's bridge and made it the chorus here?
    The Killers did it with the Mr. Brightside riff in Miss Atomic Bomb.

3. There is a difference between try outs and tracks that have been brought out on an (official) album, if you ask me.
    But besides that, I prefer Volcano.
  4. This song reminds me of Switchfoot’s Looking for America from their 2016 album. Thematically as well as by having a rapper guest on the song.
  5. I think that American Sould does a really good job when it slowly takes over after GOOYOW, it works really great.
  6. Annoying that one song has become my least favourite song on two albums in a row.

That sentence barely makes sense.
  7. I wonder what the general opinions would be if American Soul came out before Volcano. I imagine we’d generally say it was “finished” Glastonbury, and the little bit of AS in Volcano would probably stick in people’s throats less.
  8. I hope a radio edit for this surfaces. I believe there is one that has been aired. Can anyone confirm that?
  9. It's probably the worst song off the album. I think the arrangement of "Glastonbury" is much better.