1. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    But thats what I am saying. Sampling for a hip hop group. Thats pretty common. Sampling from U2 or most rock bands is a pretty big no because the sounds they create are as important as the lyric. Just because they sampled on Pop before doesnt mean it should be expected. If the best defense is "atleast they admitted it" its a pretty weak one.
    And this is where U2 differs and rises above other traditional rock bands. They love to listen to so many genres and they want to be inspired and borrow from that. Nothing wrong with it at all.
  2. I’m over this controversy. Song is fantastic.
  3. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    And this is where U2 differs and rises above other traditional rock bands. They love to listen to so many genres and they want to be inspired and borrow from that. Nothing wrong with it at all.
    That's what they are to you. Like I said if your standards for the band are this then it should make you happy. This doesnt meet my standards for the band. A left over One Republic song that they didnt finish is not U2, it's One Republic. All excuses or reasons are not acceptable to me. My mind won't be changed and I'm sure most of your's won't either.
  4. You were over it before it started You were cheerleading the album as soon as you heard it. I think you spent a day telling everyone they were wrong that didnt like it.
  5. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    That's what they are to you. Like I said if your standards for the band are this then it should make you happy. This doesnt meet my standards for the band. A left over One Republic song that they didnt finish is not U2, it's One Republic. All excuses or reasons are not acceptable to me. My mind won't be changed and I'm sure most of your's won't either.
    Have fun in that box you have put yourself in. I'll enjoy all my genres.
  6. That's fine with me. I like quality over quantity any day. You can have the scraps
  7. If everybody is happy with whatever they listening to, then why argue?
  8. Well if you think this song is a scrap then I’ll eat quite well tonight. You are SO generous.
  9. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    You were over it before it started You were cheerleading the album as soon as you heard it. I think you spent a day telling everyone they were wrong that didnt like it.
    Lol okay. You seem like a person eager to make friends around here. Keep it up.
  10. I still love the song, no matter who wrote it.
    Closed mindedness or being stubborn about it won't change who wrote it and won't diminish the inherent quality the song has.

Liking a song isn't equal go defending the band. And even then, defending them because they have used ideas from other people (which they have been doing for way more than 20 years) isn't bad per se.

But, still, you won't change your mind. I'll enjoy the song as many others still do
  11. The one thing I'm intrigued/curious now, is... do One Republic has good music? I mean, I've never been interested to listen to them, but considering Tedder work on this album, and specially the West Coast/Summer of Love situation... is their music closer to Songs Of Experience, or is it closer to One Direction?