1. Today we can’t afford to be afraid of what we fear
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Red flags are used on beaches. A red flag day is that day where there's no bathing allowed for different reasons. Usually a bad water condition with strong waves or undertow, but other times for dangers such as sharks, jellyfishes...

... or dead refugees in the shore.
    Here in the US of A we use a purple flag for dangerous marine life (usually large smacks of jellyfish). Is it just a red flag still in U Rope?
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Here in the US of A we use a purple flag for dangerous marine life (usually large smacks of jellyfish). Is it just a red flag still in U Rope?
    At the beaches along Lake Michigan, there is a red flag put out if the weather is too bad, causing dangerous rip tides. It's a warning to swim at your own risk. Maybe just in Michigan?
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    At least in Spain it is. Red Flag means no bathing, regardless what's the issue with the water (jellyfish, sharks, dead refugees, strong waves, U2 recording the n-th videoclip for GOOYOW, you name it).
  5. I've had this song stuck in my head all day after previously disliking it. I love the intro and verses, but the chorus isn't doing anything for me yet.

6. This is so surreal: when you haven't heard the original yet and you try to watch this cover....... I'm feeling physically unwell now... excuse me, I have to go and lay down for a minute. (maybe best not to visit this site until after this friday...)
  7. Even though I could have guessed the red flag meant some sort of danger I was unaware of the warning codes for the flags so thank you for this insight. It’s quite a heartbreaking song really, I think this and summer of love should remain side by side live.
  8. I thought it was related with war... Like the opposite of the white flag.

Then a couple of days ago, I made the terrible mistake of googling what a "red flag day" meant, and lemme tell ya, urban dictionary has a way different point of view on this song...
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Even though I could have guessed the red flag meant some sort of danger I was unaware of the warning codes for the flags so thank you for this insight. It’s quite a heartbreaking song really, I think this and summer of love should remain side by side live.
    It is interesting...I wonder what it would have been like if it was called "Red and White Flag"

Also yes. Both these songs need to be played live and back to back.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Even though I could have guessed the red flag meant some sort of danger I was unaware of the warning codes for the flags so thank you for this insight. It’s quite a heartbreaking song really, I think this and summer of love should remain side by side live.
    I really think 'the middle 3' from this album - Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, The Showman - work very, very well as a trilogy, just from a flow and sound standpoint. I'd love for them to remain like that live. But I could understand moving The Showman to a different spot (like the e-stage)... this two have gotta stick together, though.

And imagine California before Summer of Love...