1. Just have to check in on this thread to say that...

this song is growing on me. Don't think it will ever become a favorite but I am allowing myself to just suspend judgment and enjoy being swept away by the optimism and joy of this song. Can't wait to sing along with it live.

EDIT: Also, apologies if this is old news, but has anyone noticed on the back of the CD that the lyrics from this song appear with a typo? "Stop singing and start talking" it says, instead of the correct "Start singing and stop talking..."
  2. You made me notice

3. It is Ron. I'm new here. Hi.

Sorry, this is only my 3rd post, and I don't quite get all the inside jokes. From what I gather by glancing through the thread, someone named Rob said that it was fucking epic early on?

In retrospect I really should have added the expletive, Rob is a wise man.
  4. Originally posted by ToRontoRon:[..]

It is Ron. I'm new here. Hi.

Sorry, this is only my 3rd post, and I don't quite get all the inside jokes. From what I gather by glancing through the thread, someone named Rob said that it was fucking epic early on?

In retrospect I really should have added the expletive, Rob is a wise man.
    Cheers Ron!

Rob broadcasted (periscope) the album a week before it was released, so for many of us the first recording we heard of this song included him shouting that phrase along with the first chords.
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

I've been guilty of that as well, but now that you mentioned it, you're totally right. So...

[image]
    New Rule

If you're subscribed to a message board of a band whose one of their first hits was called "In The Name Of Love", you don't get to complain about cheesy songs.

How did I miss this?!Totally agree! And love Bill.
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Cheers Ron!

Rob broadcasted (periscope) the album a week before it was released, so for many of us the first recording we heard of this song included him shouting that phrase along with the first chords.

Haha, that sounds pretty funny. I'm officially a Rob fan.
  7. Listened to this one so many times today. I think my favorites are Summer Of Love, Red Flag Day, The Showman and this.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:Just have to check in on this thread to say that...

this song is growing on me. Don't think it will ever become a favorite but I am allowing myself to just suspend judgment and enjoy being swept away by the optimism and joy of this song. Can't wait to sing along with it live.

EDIT: Also, apologies if this is old news, but has anyone noticed on the back of the CD that the lyrics from this song appear with a typo? "Stop singing and start talking" it says, instead of the correct "Start singing and stop talking..."
    I'm not sure if that's a typo...some took it as a hint for this being the last album, I see it as a call to listeners (and to the band themselves), to start talking about the positive messages in this album, i.e. you listened to it, now stop singing and start talking... not sure if it makes total sense tho
  9. Really think that - This Song is the best song on the Experience.
  10. I don't get it.
  11. Did I wrote wrong? ;-)

Just an opinion - that (for me) Love is bigger than anything in its way - is the best song on Songs of Experience.
  12. I found it played on the BBC to be very Christian rawk-ish and not something I would really get into. Maybe a different arrangement would work.