1. BOYH and LIAWHL is tracks that Is the modern U2's version of 90s U2.
    So yes, it can be compared with songs on AB.
  2. I would hold NLOTH in incredibly high esteem if it was a five song EP that was:

Fez-Being Born
    White As Snow
    Winter
    Moment of Surrender
    Cedars of Lebanon

The rest is forgettable and/or......pretty bad....that’s the lightest I could put it, to me anyway.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I would hold NLOTH in incredibly high esteem if it was a five song EP that was:

Fez-Being Born
    White As Snow
    Winter
    Moment of Surrender
    Cedars of Lebanon

The rest is forgettable and/or......pretty bad....that’s the lightest I could put it, to me anyway.
    Nice I actually love NLOTH, Magnificent and Breathd.
  4. I like the verses of NLOTH but am not a fan of the chorus, it's like they HAD to fit in that phrase and the "hook" is just whack to me. Breathe's lyrics are nonsense to me and Magnificent is fine, but I never really fell in love with it, try as I did.

But I truly wish I liked this album more than I do. I do think it's the black sheep of all of their albums since 2000, but I also wish it was released in its "original" state. The band have gone on record as saying that they had an album that was mostly "soundscapes" and nothing they could really play live, which is when they realized they needed some "songs", which to me is probably when they added all the songs I don't like that much lol.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I would hold NLOTH in incredibly high esteem if it was a five song EP that was:

Fez-Being Born
    White As Snow
    Winter
    Moment of Surrender
    Cedars of Lebanon

lol funny how opinions and tastes differ... I would put 3 of these songs out cos to me are meh

I like EP this way:

Soon
    Fez-Being Born
    Magnificent
    NLOTH
    Unknown Caller
    Stand Up Comedy
    Breathe
    Cedars
  6. I've seen comparisons to Coldplay in here and I don't listen to them, so don't know if that's valid or not.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Interpol. Or at least I didn't see it as I skimmed.

The first chorus is straight up Interpol - both the vocal delivery/style (albeit with Bono singing) and the guitar work.

The second chorus is a bit more orchestrated, but the same Interpol feel is underneath it.

Cool song and I'm an Interpol fan. Feels incomplete though.

Still better than at least a third of what made it onto the album.
  7. I don't know for me the best song is NLOTH, I love how it opens that album .... after Magnificent the album dips a little for me, but still enjoy a few others on it like Breathe, and I like Unknown Caller as well even if the lyrics are a little silly (not at bad as the Crazy).
  8. Think this song has a chance live?