1. A lot like the I+E but replace the SOI songs with SOE.
  2. Time to activate myself as a writer here again after a long time. This is what I have cooked and listened to a lot. I think the running order flows nicely and is pretty plausible as a realistic set. I Don't think they're gonna do the same kind of intermission as they did the last time, but there might be a little video interference or a shorter break of some kind.

Overall the show will clearly inhabit the narrative between innocence and experience, but also I think a battle between light and dark (song names, themes, set order).

Half intro / half Bono solo: Love is All We Have Left

1. The Blackout
    2. Until the End of the World
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6. Bad
    7. Get Out of Your Own Way
    8. American Soul
    9. Vertigo
    10. The Fly / Gone (rotation)
    11. The Showman / Stuck in A Moment (rotation) (e-stage)
    12. Desire / Angel of Harlem (e-stage)
    13. Mysterious Ways / I Will Follow (e-stage)
    14. You're the Best Thing About Me (e-stage)
    15. All I Want is You
    16. The Little Things That Give You Away
    17. Love is Bigger than Anything in It's Way
    --Encore--
    18. Lights of Home
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. Kite / Every Breaking Wave (full band)
    21. One / Pride
    22. Where the Streets Have No Name
    23. 13 / 40

I don't really much care for Stuck in a live set, but narratively pairing it with Gone (long shot) works well. As pairing The Showman with The Fly.
  3. Originally posted by Gridlock:Time to activate myself as a writer here again after a long time. This is what I have cooked and listened to a lot. I think the running order flows nicely and is pretty plausible as a realistic set. I Don't think they're gonna do the same kind of intermission as they did the last time, but there might be a little video interference or a shorter break of some kind.

Overall the show will clearly inhabit the narrative between innocence and experience, but also I think a battle between light and dark (song names, themes, set order).

1. The Blackout
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6. Bad
    8. American Soul
    9. Vertigo
    15. All I Want is You
    --Encore--
    18. Lights of Home
    19. Beautiful Day
    21. One / Pride
    23. 13 / 40

I don't really much care for Stuck in a live set, but narratively pairing it with Gone (long shot) works well. As pairing The Showman with The Fly.
    This is damn well thought and well structured. Songs are nicely chosen, there are no long shots apart from Gone and full band EBW. Also, plus points for realizing how well Love Is All We Have Left segues into The Blackout Welcome back and happy new year, Jussi!
  4. Cheers, good to be back!

I would personally like to hear SYCMIOYO, Discotheque, Zoo Station and Exit. Hawkmoon on e-stage could work. But I think "Sometimes" is the only realistic option in terms of the theme and direction they want. I've also been pairing Promenade with California. Just a nice little seque there could be done: "Coca-cola, football radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, beach, radio, Barbara, Santa Barbara..". Even tho many here dislike the intro of California, that would maybe lower the cringe there.

But hey, let's hope for surprises!
  5. it would be great this setlist with orchestra plus electric &co, numb and electrical storm
    1. The Blackout
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6. Bad
    8. American Soul
    9. Vertigo
    15. All I Want is You
    --Encore--
    18. Lights of Home
    19. Beautiful Day
    21. One / Pride
    23. 13 / 40
  6. Originally posted by Gridlock:Time to activate myself as a writer here again after a long time. This is what I have cooked and listened to a lot. I think the running order flows nicely and is pretty plausible as a realistic set. I Don't think they're gonna do the same kind of intermission as they did the last time, but there might be a little video interference or a shorter break of some kind.

1. The Blackout
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6. Bad
    8. American Soul
    9. Vertigo
    15. All I Want is You
    --Encore--
    18. Lights of Home
    19. Beautiful Day
    21. One / Pride
    23. 13 / 40

Love it! I'll just add that, although it might be a stretch to have so many new songs, I would be bummed to not see Summer of Love and/or Landlady feature once in a while on the E-stage. Too good of tunes to pass up.
  7. hope return of

Kite
    NLOTH
  8. I've got a pretty good track record with what they're going to bring back, even though I never really have any legitimate basis for it (and I'd never assume I was GOING to be right), but for what its worth...

I think Zoo Station is gonna come back as a regular. I can't say why, I just see it as obvious and therefore probable.
  9. If Kite is going to happen, it almost has to be in the encore or the "Return" to the main stage (the Bullet slot)

It's too big of a song and too thematic to go elsewhere I think, if they're going to bite that song off again it's going to need to be a big moment in the show
  10. Gotta drop some warhorses. Pride, One, SBS, WOWY, Found all need to get dropped. If experience is courting darker themes then maybe they should look at the last three or four songs of POP.
  11. Originally posted by bazzzz:it would be great this setlist with orchestra plus electric &co, numb and electrical storm
    1. The Blackout
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6. Bad
    8. American Soul
    9. Vertigo
    15. All I Want is You
    --Encore--
    18. Lights of Home
    19. Beautiful Day
    21. One / Pride
    23. 13 / 40
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  12. Originally posted by Gridlock:Cheers, good to be back!

I would personally like to hear SYCMIOYO, Discotheque, Zoo Station and Exit. Hawkmoon on e-stage could work. But I think "Sometimes" is the only realistic option in terms of the theme and direction they want. I've also been pairing Promenade with California. Just a nice little seque there could be done: "Coca-cola, football radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, beach, radio, Barbara, Santa Barbara..". Even tho many here dislike the intro of California, that would maybe lower the cringe there.

But hey, let's hope for surprises!
    I'm a few days late on this, but thank you so much for this incredible, perfect idea:
    I've also been pairing Promenade with California. Just a nice little seque there could be done: "Coca-cola, football radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, beach, radio, Barbara, Santa Barbara.."

Two of my favourite U2 songs, and both criminally underappreciated ones at that...