1. Originally posted by WojBhoyPopMart for most garish and awe-inspiring (where-else would you find a cocktail stick, a McDonald's arch and a giant TV screen!?); ZooTV for originality and ingenuisness (first use of of a B-stage at a rock concert); Vertigo for the blend between showpiece and intimacy

Even the ideas of the Rolling Stones were no match for Zoo TV, and this is coming from someone who owns a few of their DVDs
  2. Elevation. Vertigo was the same I guess, but I liked the heart shape
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoyPopMart for most garish and awe-inspiring (where-else would you find a cocktail stick, a McDonald's arch and a giant TV screen!?); ZooTV for originality and ingenuisness (first use of of a B-stage at a rock concert); Vertigo for the blend between showpiece and intimacy

Were they really the first rock band to use a B-stage at a concert? That's really interesting...you'd think someone before them would've thought of it. Cool to know.

If you combine the Vertigo ellipse with the PopMart stage, that'd be my favorite set-up.
  4. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

Were they really the first rock band to use a B-stage at a concert? That's really interesting...you'd think someone before them would've thought of it. Cool to know.

If you combine the Vertigo ellipse with the PopMart stage, that'd be my favorite set-up.

What about the Lemon????????
  5. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

What about the Lemon????????

Only if it got stuck every night.
  6. I think U2 really got savvy with their live shows in the 90s and on. Zoo TV and Popmart are just so overwhelming to take in and really add to the songs, even Elevation just looks so clean and the retained scope of it really fitted the tour nicely. the same goes for Vertigo in both respects to the indoor and outdoor versions
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2Only if it got stuck every night.
    Hhahahahah
  8. Elevation.
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyWhat's your favouite U2- stage? Mine is the Elevation one, that beautiful heart-shaped stage, and the 4 screens with on every screen a band-member, I love it! But other stages (like Vertigo tour and ZooTV tour) are great as well!

I like that Elevation / Vertigo were up close and personal.

But for "show" and overall look of the thing... ZOO TV Outdoor Broadcast and Zooropa shows. Popmart being a close second.
  10. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

I like that Elevation / Vertigo were up close and personal.

But for "show" and overall look of the thing... ZOO TV Outdoor Broadcast and Zooropa shows. Popmart being a close second.

Vertigo - i dunno why but i just really liked it.
    Elevation was good but a bit to back to basics for me.
    ZooTV well what can you say?lol! INSANE!
    i didnt really like POPmart.just my opinion.
    but you gotta love the Lemon!!
  11. Originally posted by SalvationTambourine[..]

Vertigo - i dunno why but i just really liked it.
    Elevation was good but a bit to back to basics for me.
    ZooTV well what can you say?lol! INSANE!
    i didnt really like POPmart.just my opinion.
    but you gotta love the Lemon!!

I like indoor and close better than outdoor. I like to feel like I'm in the same zip code as the band when I go to a show.

Hence my preferring Elevation and Vertigo tours.
  12. Hello friends, fom me, the favorite is the Zoo Tv stage, with the catwalk and the b stage, wonderful and new for a rock gig, a sort of a mix beetween Mad Max and Blade runner...!
    the second is the Elevation stage, beautiful...heart...lights...madness...magic...!