1. 5 out of 1
  2. 3/5. If it had track 4 to 8 removed and Book Of Your Heart somewhere on the album, it'd get a 4.
  3. 2/5......I listened to it quiet a bit when it came out but haven’t for over 3 months. It didn’t stick. It doesn’t have any depth for me, maybe I’ll come back to it again. I still feel this sounds like a bono solo album and all great u2 albums don’t sound like that! Some parts of the album are cringy, first track, best thing, Get out, American soul, summer, that “Nooo” bit in Red flag day. Only listen to little things and Lights strings version. The Edge isn’t really at the forefront on this album which is a big part of my lack of interest in it.

They’ve tried too hard to be contemporary and it’s a mistake in my view.
  4. are we allowed minus numbers?
  5. Originally posted by Pauln:2/5......I listened to it quiet a bit when it came out but haven’t for over 3 months. It didn’t stick. It doesn’t have any depth for me, maybe I’ll come back to it again. I still feel this sounds like a bono solo album and all great u2 albums don’t sound like that! Some parts of the album are cringy, first track, best thing, Get out, American soul, summer, that “Nooo” bit in Red flag day. Only listen to little things and Lights strings version. The Edge isn’t really at the forefront on this album which is a big part of my lack of interest in it.

They’ve tried too hard to be contemporary and it’s a mistake in my view.

(100% agree, just switching Little Things for Summer Of Love in my case)
  6. Originally posted by u2joost:OK,
    after the first 4 full listens today (thank you mister Postman!), I give it 4.5 out of 5!

somehow better than I expected (or feared). So, so happy.

mature, subdued and powerfull.
    loving U2 to bits right now!

As an album, I give it 4 out of 5 right now.
    Some individuals songs however (Lights of Home, Little Things, Red Flag Day, Landlady, Love is Bigger) are up there with U2's best work. I still listen to this album at least twice a week.