1. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    yeah serious... I hate the idea of someone else doing the vocals, even if it's J.Cash.... I always skip this one.
    I sooooo want to hear the version they recorded with Bono on vocals, the version that everyone in the studio preferred but Bono wouldn't have it any other way.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I sooooo want to hear the version they recorded with Bono on vocals, the version that everyone in the studio preferred but Bono wouldn't have it any other way.
    me too!
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Their performance of the song for the Johnny Cash tribute event is probably the closest we'll ever get to this.
  4. I like "The wanderer".
    But, me too, would like to hear the song with Bono's voice.
    I knew the version of the Johnny Cash ceremony.
  5. Anything on NLOTH other than Boots, Magnificent, Breathe and Unknown Caller.

My younger cousin (Who's 17) text me one day and was like 'You've mentioned them enough, so i've tried to get into U2, it's going well so far, been listening to No Line On The Horizon album a lot'

I said 'What'd you think?'

He said 'It's epic!'

I said 'Well if you like that, then you'll like anything else they've done!'

Also taking aside Crumbs, Love & Peace, Vertigo & COBL - Atomic Bomb is pretty weak. I said about this time last year that All That You Can't Leave Behind tops anything on Atomic Bomb and NLOTH.
  6. I was genuinely surprised to see that it was you who I'd caught in my snare
  7. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:Anything on NLOTH other than Boots, Magnificent, Breathe and Unknown Caller.

My younger cousin (Who's 17) text me one day and was like 'You've mentioned them enough, so i've tried to get into U2, it's going well so far, been listening to No Line On The Horizon album a lot'

I said 'What'd you think?'

He said 'It's epic!'

I said 'Well if you like that, then you'll like anything else they've done!'

Also taking aside Crumbs, Love & Peace, Vertigo & COBL - Atomic Bomb is pretty weak. I said about this time last year that All That You Can't Leave Behind tops anything on Atomic Bomb and NLOTH.
    I had a friend who after liking a few of the songs off Songs of Innocence and hearing me talk about U2 constantly go and listen to NLOTH and HTDAAB (probably because Spotify does the reverse chronological order thing why he picked those two). When he said this I thought, "oh well his U2 fandom was nice while it lasted", but then he told me they were two really good albums. I said the same thing, "oh so you'll probably really like their good albums"

*I don't dislike any U2 album but No Line and Atomic Bomb are definitely two albums I would not recommend to someone trying to get into U2.

I gotta say worse song is probably Miami or Get on your boots

8. now I like The Playboy Mansion and still hate Miami
  9. Boots is better live, but that's their strength, little is bad live.

And you can't dig at anything from the first 3 albums, they were learning their trade.