1. I find it hard to believe that social distancing will remain on a long term. It's just not natural. For a lot of people it's hard enough to keep social distance now, so i think it's impossible on a long term.
  2. U2 needed a multiyear break anyway, I don't think covid did really harm any of their plans. Of course it's ok to worry about covid and it's consequenses, but to me it's a bit weird to have U2's future in this discussion. We might have seen their last show (that's always a possibility), but live music will return for sure. The measures are there to protect the vulnerable and to keep pressure of healthcare. Once we/they get that sorted with things like vaccinations, natural immunity and fast testing things will go back to normal at some point. Maybe at first with less capacity and other restrictions, but of course live music will come back. To quote Bono's son; 'It won't always be like this' . Inhaler and all those bands just starting out, the small artists, we should worry about them, not about U2.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:U2 needed a multiyear break anyway, I don't think covid did really harm any of their plans. Of course it's ok to worry about covid and it's consequenses, but to me it's a bit weird to have U2's future in this discussion. We might have seen their last show (that's always a possibility), but live music will return for sure. The measures are there to protect the vulnerable and to keep pressure of healthcare. Once we/they get that sorted with things like vaccinations, natural immunity and fast testing things will go back to normal at some point. Maybe at first with less capacity and other restrictions, but of course live music will come back. To quote Bono's son; 'It won't always be like this' . Inhaler and all those bands just starting out, the small artists, we should worry about them, not about U2.
    For once -and let's not set a precedent with this- I heartfully agree with you from A to Z.
  4. don't worry, we will continue to disagree on all sorts of trivialities
  5. As I said a few days ago the rumour exists. U2 could play the whole Achtung Baby album by the end of the year and broadcast it somehow (via streaming for instance). It’s in Spanish but I think it is crystal clear.

https://www.facebook.com/U2ZoostationRadio/
  6. Our Argentinian amigos have spread wrong or sourceless rumours in the past (just like every other fansite).
    I think it's 100% made up by fans.
  7. I did not know that. Well, my intention is never to spread rumours or to be a smart ass. My objective was to give fans some happy news.
  8. Yeah, and the timeline would then be screwed.
  9. Originally posted by wideawake69:I did not know that. Well, my intention is never to spread rumours or to be a smart ass. My objective was to give fans some happy news.
    I doubt it's factual more fanciful however it might be something they could look at if they are planning on cashing in on Achtung baby "Again"
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I doubt it's factual more fanciful however it might be something they could look at if they are planning on cashing in on Achtung baby "Again"
    Just as well 👍
  11. I'd really like to see the band do an Achtung Baby livestream of some kind, even along similar lines to how Radiohead has done the "From The Basement" sessions. U2 could play the whole album and then maybe some Zooropa/Pop tracks to round things out (though knowing the band they'll probably just stick to the album and be done with it). There's potential. A lot of groups had been doing from home sessions and what not and if concerts will be postponed into 2022 it would still be more than feasible. We just need the band to get away from the south of France (or hell just record it on the beach lol).