1. You shall not worry.

LiveNation won't let them quit anytime soon.

2. Whilst I agree that picturing stadiums at full capacity is hard now, aren't the Super Bowl having 20K fans back this Sunday? And WWE are planning to have 20K fans in attendance in April. Slowly but surely the World will get back to normal, and with U2 providing one of the highest incomes they will definitely be involved. 2022 seems very pessimistic, and even 2023 could be a stretch, but we will see them again.

Plus you know they supposedly signed a new 10 year deal with LiveNation right before Covid started.
  3. My perspective is obviously skewed and more optimistic because of the remarkable situation Australia is in but I’d like to think it gives you a sense of hope. Gigs are slowly returning, albeit with limited capacity. So too live theatre and sporting events. We will beat this virus, it may be this year for some, a year or two later for others but it WILL pass. At that point why would we not return to the past of gigs at tiny pubs, intimate shows at small venues and arena or stadium shows?

If we have seen the last of U2 it won’t be because of COVID-19. With good health and a continued desire to make music they could easily have another decade ahead of them.
  4. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:My perspective is obviously skewed and more optimistic because of the remarkable situation Australia is in but I’d like to think it gives you a sense of hope. Gigs are slowly returning, albeit with limited capacity. So too live theatre and sporting events. We will beat this virus, it may be this year for some, a year or two later for others but it WILL pass. At that point why would we not return to the past of gigs at tiny pubs, intimate shows at small venues and arena or stadium shows?

If we have seen the last of U2 it won’t be because of COVID-19. With good health and a continued desire to make music they could easily have another decade ahead of them.
    Who knows maybe what would have seemed unthinkable not so long ago will happen and u2 will actually start there next tour in your part of the world. I say unthinkable because generally it’s more expensive to tour there and I think they like to get a tour into big profit first by doing Europe and North America but if they can get full capacities sooner maybe they would go for it.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Who knows maybe what would have seemed unthinkable not so long ago will happen and u2 will actually start there next tour in your part of the world. I say unthinkable because generally it’s more expensive to tour there and I think they like to get a tour into big profit first by doing Europe and North America but if they can get full capacities sooner maybe they would go for it.
    I would fly again to the other part of the world to see and hear my heroes. So that's already 1 ticket in the bag 😉
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah I hope they start their new world tour down there.

Specifically in Auckland. With two stadium gigs.
  7. Same feeling....I mean,I know that U2 will not be playing for the rest of their lives but I surely want to see them again,worth the wait
    But most of all I miss the physical release of musical stuff,kinda cd singles,12 inches and collectible stuff like that
    Btw I can’t wait to see them again back on the road ....October 2018 seems so far away
  8. $7.2million and almost 70,000 attendees for JT2019 in Auckland, no reason not to even with the slow sales.
  9. Yeah, tickets being sold for a fiver on the afternoon of the second gig, no reason not to attend
  10. Originally posted by Lukinator:Id also rly just hate if Mumbai was the last concert cause that would mean the last song playrdby my favorite band of all time live would be Ahimsa

The last song was One.... So, no regrets
  11. Half the price of that...
  12. And to think that dozens or even hundreds of fans purchased a year subscription to U2.com in order to secure these Auckland tickets when they went on sale with "overwhelming demand"