1. I love u2songs but there is not a snowball's chance in hell Bono is saying "chides for the wilsons"

I'm hearing "sides" as the first line and him rhyming "chides" with it

Sides for the real sins in the battle of your heart
    Chides for the poaches (?), they'll make you raw

He's definitely not saying process, it almost sounds like he's saying "coaches" or "broaches" (neither of which make any more sense than 'chides for the wilsons")

What a baffling change.

Speaking of lyric changes, has there ever been a confirmation of what Bono says during Angel of Harlem @ Slane? I remember a debate between "suicide at JFK" and "Stu was out at JFK" possibly as an inside reference to Adam's bass tech.
  2. Have never considered that it was anything other ‘suicide at JFK’.

If we are talking live lyrical changes then just pick any 360 show when they played Ultraviolet. His change of ‘I guess that’s the price of love, I know it’s not cheap’ nightly was horrific.
  3. "Suicide at JFK" is such a weird line to swap into Angel of Harlem.

And yes, you could not be more correct - "I guess its en eh price en love en uh price uh love en eh it aint cheap"
  4. ‘I know it’s the price of love, and the price of love isn’t love if its cheap’

Aye Bono.
  5. haha these are great. reminds me of 'The more you know the less you know' in COBL in Berlin
  6. Another great Bono moment in Glasgow 2015. 'See the world in green and blue. Edge, Simple Minds are right in front of you, don't screw up!' Bono immediately proceeds to screw up, sings a few random stuff and thank god for teleprompter
  7. And then Bono in the rehearsals leading up to i+e says "FUCK THE TELEPROMPTER!"
  8. Originally posted by MattG:"Suicide at JFK" is such a weird line to swap into Angel of Harlem.

And yes, you could not be more correct - "I guess its en eh price en love en uh price uh love en eh it aint cheap"
    It sounds like 'suicide' but remember it was the same week as the Lennon assassination.
  9. I think he’s saying ‘stood outside of JFK’.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:Have never considered that it was anything other ‘suicide at JFK’.

If we are talking live lyrical changes then just pick any 360 show when they played Ultraviolet. His change of ‘I guess that’s the price of love, I know it’s not cheap’ nightly was horrific.
    Unless you were lucky enough to be in Glasgow where he actually sang the proper lyrics. Don’t think I’ve heard him sing the proper lyrics any other night of the tour but I’ve not listened to every show.