1. As much as I loved and love Zoo TV I truly hope they do not do an AB or Zoo TV anniversary tour. It just reeks of a cash grab and it will NEVER come close to replicating what that original tour was really like. I felt the same way about the JT anniversary tours.

A one off show or online special of some kind where they play the album in full or run through a Zoo TV set list? Great. Would love to see it and it would be cool.

I really hope they only tour again if it’s in support of new material. If they don’t have that in them, then I truly hope they walk away with their head held very high and retire.
  2. I'd like to see what a Zoo TV Tour looks like in the internet age, where beaming concerts to fans or fans appearing on screen from the comfort of their home isn't some new, novel idea. And the idea of being bombarded with media is now a commonplace facet of life. The technical possibilities now with a Zoo TV concept are endless. But I'd only want to see a Zoo TV tour again if they had something interesting to say about all these developments.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not really comparable though to the way they celebrated JT. All you have to do is look at the number of times they’ve played half of AB and you’ll see it’s not a lot since after the vertigo tour. The only songs that have been played a lot are hits that aren’t played because they’re AB songs but played because they’re popular the same way they play streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF and Bullet on most tours. Would we say they were celebrating ATYCLB on the 360 rose bowl dvd because they played 5 songs from it?
    But in 2011 it was different, they rehearsed special shows, they started shows with 5 songs from AB (anaheim for example), and Glastonbury was a celebration. And the documentary From the Sky Down about AB reached and finished in glaston. We had a little celebrate at least, rs. Because this I think this is not a priority for them. I believe maybe we can have some pockets shows still in 2021 celebrate not the tour, but only AB.
  4. I think it could be alright if they celebrate the album (AB) but I think they should maybe forget about celebrating the tour itself.
  5. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:[..]
    But in 2011 it was different, they rehearsed special shows, they started shows with 5 songs from AB (anaheim for example), and Glastonbury was a celebration. And the documentary From the Sky Down about AB reached and finished in glaston. We had a little celebrate at least, rs. Because this I think this is not a priority for them. I believe maybe we can have some pockets shows still in 2021 celebrate not the tour, but only AB.
    It wasn’t really different, they only started 2 shows with 5 songs from AB I believe. The other shows where there were 5 AB songs had One later in the set, on 3 occasions they played 6 from AB with ultraviolet, but basically 360 was more an ATYCLB tribute tour than it was an AB one going by setlist’s that were album heavy. JT has also had a few tributes on different tours as well if we go by the 5 songs per show logic. Remember Real Thing was a completely different version never played until that tour, mysterious ways was played without the solo, there was no real similar pattern to the Setlist compared to zoo tv or AB. Playing a few songs from Achtung baby in a row a dozen or so times does not equate to a tribute of that album. As I said earlier I don’t think it will happen now anyway and for people that don’t want to see it that’s ok too but I don’t think the argument of ‘they’ve done it before’ is a valid one at all, yet I’ve heard a few people say it but it doesn’t stand up against Setlist stats.
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:I think it could be alright if they celebrate the album (AB) but I think they should maybe forget about celebrating the tour itself.
    This !

It ain't happening OMG!
  7. Originally posted by Keeb13r:I'd like to see what a Zoo TV Tour looks like in the internet age, where beaming concerts to fans or fans appearing on screen from the comfort of their home isn't some new, novel idea. And the idea of being bombarded with media is now a commonplace facet of life. The technical possibilities now with a Zoo TV concept are endless. But I'd only want to see a Zoo TV tour again if they had something interesting to say about all these developments.
    well said. And I agree 100% with your last sentence.

8. The Edge, June 2020.
  9. To elaborate on what Anselmo says, you could argue that they have tried to incorporate so much AB into their sets in the last 10 years to prevent an anniversary tour. Starting with 360 and how much they played on that tour, rehearsing TTTYAATW, all the way to e+i when they added Acrobat, Wild Horses and Zoo Station to the set, along with The Fly, even incorporating some Zooropa tracks in the set. All we're missing is TTTYAATW, So Cruel and Love is Blindness then some others on Zooropa that I don't think they would even dream of playing again.

On the flipside, were they just trying to see if these songs would be enjoyable to play again, especially as part of another anniversary tour? I can imagine they're contractually obliged, though.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:To elaborate on what Anselmo says, you could argue that they have tried to incorporate so much AB into their sets in the last 10 years to prevent an anniversary tour. Starting with 360 and how much they played on that tour, rehearsing TTTYAATW, all the way to e+i when they added Acrobat, Wild Horses and Zoo Station to the set, along with The Fly, even incorporating some Zooropa tracks in the set. All we're missing is TTTYAATW, So Cruel and Love is Blindness then some others on Zooropa that I don't think they would even dream of playing again.

On the flipside, were they just trying to see if these songs would be enjoyable to play again, especially as part of another anniversary tour? I can imagine they're contractually obliged, though.
    It’s still a point that doesn’t hold up. They haven’t incorporated a lot of AB into their sets since 360. Yes 3/4 of the album has been played but only the hits and ultraviolet were played a significant amount of times. JT had since the vertigo tour 8 of the 11 album songs played live before TJT tour. They haven’t played a lot of the AB songs very often.
  11. I fully take this to mean that the concept of ZooTV remains a point of interest rather than an anniversary celebration of the album or the original tour itself.

I also hate the idea of that. I don’t know how they would putt it off in a way that wouldn’t make my skin crawl.
  12. It just won't work.