1. I’m talking full length U2 shows. Obviously any early shows before October don’t count.

Ever since October and I Fall Down premiered in 1981, Edge has been playing a piano onstage, and then with NYD they had a greatest hit staple that strongly featured Edge on piano for decades to come. But has there ever been a show where he never played one?

I know the last time I saw them in Chicago 2018, he only played the piano at the very end with “There is a light”. At my first show, Popmart, the only time he touched the piano was the intro to Mysterious Ways they used to do.
  2. Didn't somebody hold a small portable keyboard for him during the intro of MW or was that during Popmart?
  3. Has there ever been a show when Edge didn’t touch a guitar?
  4. There was some awards show they did in 2014 where they only played the piano version of EBW. Must’ve been strange to set up for a U2 performance and not even being in a guitar.
  5. Ah yes! I assume that this version of MW doesn’t have the piano intro? I can’t remember if they were still playing it like that during elevation or not. I’m at work so I cannot verify that right now. If so, there’s probably a few Elevation shows like that. Thanks!
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Ah yes! I assume that this version of MW doesn’t have the piano intro? I can’t remember if they were still playing it like that during elevation or not. I’m at work so I cannot verify that right now. If so, there’s probably a few Elevation shows like that. Thanks!
    There’s definitely no piano in the performance from Slane.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    There was some awards show they did in 2014 where they only played the piano version of EBW. Must’ve been strange to set up for a U2 performance and not even being in a guitar.
    Oh you just know he made Dallas bring twelve guitars just in case.
  8. Haha right! All with brand new strings too.

I guess this mystery was solved rather easily. Never thought the elevation shows that didn’t have NYD. There were a couple Lovetown shows that didn’t have October, UF or NYD, but they did have RTSS.

Did they do the piano intro to MW during early ZooTV shows? Before NYD was added to the set?
  9. Mysterious Ways was piano intro from day 1 of ZooTV.
  10. I actually found that quite an interesting question and although it was a quick answer it was an interesting one as well. The elevation tour must be the only one then since the Boy tour where the piano wasn’t used at a full show(s) by Edge.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:I actually found that quite an interesting question and although it was a quick answer it was an interesting one as well. The elevation tour must be the only one then since the Boy tour where the piano wasn’t used at a full show(s) by Edge.
    Right. Elevation shows that’s didn’t feature NYD or Sweetest thing are the only examples of this.
    All October shows had October and I Fall Fown
    All war, UF and JT always had NYD
    LT had a few shows without NYD, but RTSS was still played
    All Zoo and Pop shows had MW piano before NYD was added.
    Vertigo always had either RTSS or Miss Sarajevo.
    360 had some shows where MOS was the only piano song. The one show MOS was not played had other piano songs.
    Innocence always had EBW and RBW.
    JT17/19 had NYD, RTSS and RHMT
    Experience always had There is a light