1. my second favorite band or artist after U2, they’re the definition of Pop-Punk, they revived and modified Punk in an incredible way, every member of the group (Mark, Tom, Travis) has its own way of playing their instrument. i was wondering if there are any blinkers in U2start
  2. I don’t know much of there stuff I do like all the small things and I miss you though which maybe isn’t the most exciting thing to hear from someone if you’re a big fan of the band. I’ll maybe give some more of their songs a chance one day.
  3. Adams Songs a brilliant tune alway liked that. There cover of Another girl another planet aswell is good
  4. also my 2nd fav after U2!

Ur talking to a blink/Ava expert here lol. So I can field any question you possibly have. I've met Mark, Tom, and Travis. Visited the blink wall many times, TTS, poway high, recording studios, dammit movie theatre, what's my age again street, Crossroads, even got a tour of tom's childhood home from current owners
  5. I'll just drop this song here for anyone interested..

it's hardly their best song or greatest performance, so i'm not trying to win anyone over in that regard, but picked this one for here specifically for a few reasons;
    It could be their closest to any U2 similarity (within the Blink framework, but side band AVA would later go on to be LARGELY influenced by U2) .
    You're def not gonna confuse this with U2 like some other bands out there, so don't expect that. But this one has a longer extended guitar riff intro, has vocal harmonies between the 2 singers (that I've always liked in the same way B+E vocals compliment each other), and lyrically this one is even a subject that U2 would later touch on in Crystal Ballroom.
    Also, it perfectly shows their lame dick joke humor (with the talk before the song starts). It's definitely part of the appeal of this band (so if you don't enjoy or cant laugh at juvenile potty humor - then they won't be your cup of tea. And I would instead suggest the side band AVA where Tom got serious)
  6. Originally posted by marik:I'll just drop this song here for anyone interested..
    [YouTube Video]

it's hardly their best song or greatest performance, so i'm not trying to win anyone over in that regard, but picked this one for here specifically for a few reasons;
    It could be their closest to any U2 similarity (within the Blink framework, but side band AVA would later go on to be LARGELY influenced by U2) .
    You're def not gonna confuse this with U2 like some other bands out there, so don't expect that. But this one has a longer extended guitar riff intro, has vocal harmonies between the 2 singers (that I've always liked in the same way B+E vocals compliment each other), and lyrically this one is even a subject that U2 would later touch on in Crystal Ballroom.
    Also, it perfectly shows their lame dick joke humor (with the talk before the song starts). It's definitely part of the appeal of this band (so if you don't enjoy or cant laugh at juvenile potty humor - then they won't be your cup of tea. And I would instead suggest the side band AVA where Tom got serious)
    that's a awesome one from Neighborhoods

7. one of my favorites
  8. Originally posted by marik:I'll just drop this song here for anyone interested..
    [YouTube Video]

this one’s a nice one, but it’s never going to be their best, on the top 5 I think there are Wendy Clear, Josie, Dammit, Mutt and others from the albums from 1997 to 2003. Surely not anything from Neighborhoods or something after…
  9. their best song is easily Dammit, if you search on YT there’s a video that explains why it is the best Pop-Punk ever made
  10. They remind me a lot of MxPx.
  11. They were brilliant,I say "were" as in their heyday 1999-2004 once Tom left don't think they truly recovered but thats just my opinion.
    Very funny band too,from lyrics to the stuff they got up to,related to alot of it in my younger years😄
  12. they've just released two new songs on spotify right now and I like them