U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:

1. This does look cool
  2. I'm headed down to the Sphere tomorrow for the last night of the Phish run. Have done a pretty good job of avoiding production spoilers, so I'm very curious to see how the overall production and use of the venue compares to U2. Also have tix to one of the first D&C shows in May
  3. Originally posted by opsopcopolis:I'm headed down to the Sphere tomorrow for the last night of the Phish run. Have done a pretty good job of avoiding production spoilers, so I'm very curious to see how the overall production and use of the venue compares to U2. Also have tix to one of the first D&C shows in May
    Awesome! Give us your impressions of the shows when you get a chance. Have fun!
  4. I just flew in this morning for tonight and tomorrow's shows. From what I've seen- yesterday was much better visually. Phish's gal running the visuals has worked for Disney and did Roger Waters Wall Tour...for their style of show, the visuals can be tweaked in real time.
  5. Looks like Phish found their "The Fly" moment, and it looks pretty awesome:

6. Thanks for sharing!
  7. The whole thing looked very cheaply produced by U2, where nothing new was offered for the true U2 fan. But this looks even cheaper. I told you. Anyone who knows about it. Only very simple and stupid gifs and colorful jpegs are shown and then it is sold as something new. The whole thing eats up far too much memory. 16 k doesn't help either. But the screen is still curved. Anyone can do it. In order to make the whole thing even more cost-effective and cheaper and to drive down the costs for the artists, it is said that AI took part.
  8. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    The whole thing looked very cheaply produced by U2, where nothing new was offered for the true U2 fan. But this looks even cheaper. I told you. Anyone who knows about it. Only very simple and stupid gifs and colorful jpegs are shown and then it is sold as something new. The whole thing eats up far too much memory. 16 k doesn't help either. But the screen is still curved. Anyone can do it. In order to make the whole thing even more cost-effective and cheaper and to drive down the costs for the artists, it is said that AI took part.
    What a bundle of joy you bring. Safe to say you’ve not been to the venue to see and feel it in reality? Condescending negativity is always so joyous to read on a Sunday morning 😂
  9. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    The whole thing looked very cheaply produced by U2, where nothing new was offered for the true U2 fan. But this looks even cheaper. I told you. Anyone who knows about it. Only very simple and stupid gifs and colorful jpegs are shown and then it is sold as something new. The whole thing eats up far too much memory. 16 k doesn't help either. But the screen is still curved. Anyone can do it. In order to make the whole thing even more cost-effective and cheaper and to drive down the costs for the artists, it is said that AI took part.
    I've never seen someone so ignorant about video production speak so definitely like they are an expert. Newsflash: you aren't.
  10. shappers72, Keeb13r

You always have to look at the facts. The lower the costs are for the musician, the more profit he can make. Simple calculation.
  11. Originally posted by felix2:shappers72, Keeb13r

You always have to look at the facts. The lower the costs are for the musician, the more profit he can make. Simple calculation.
    lol If that were the whole picture then why has U2 ever used production at all? Shouldn’t they show up to the stadium with an empty stage and a few PAR cans? You think 360 was an exercise in cost savings?

There’s a very real possibility that sphere production cost less to the group than any of their normal tours because they didn’t have to design and source the actual infrastructure for the shows