1. Reminds me of Eltohn John with Live - Blue.
  2. That's a cool pop song in my opinion.
  3. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

that's a pretty narrow way of looking at it I think. It's like saying the musical "doesn't deserve" these songs. U2 are artists, they should be able to knock out a lot of songs that are good for both projects. It being a "Bono and Edge" song doesn't mean it's a worse song instantly.

i didnt suggest that (bono and edge) songs are inferior in anyway, thats what my point was to begin with, all these great songs are going into the musical when they could be used for U2. Yes, that is narrow minded and probably greedy of me, i just dunt want a great song (Rise above,etc) to never get the chance of being on a U2 album, or never get played at a U2 concert. If the spidey songs could get used for both then that would be great, but i dunt think Larry is all that keen on it.
  4. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

i didnt suggest that (bono and edge) songs are inferior in anyway, thats what my point was to begin with, all these great songs are going into the musical when they could be used for U2. Yes, that is narrow minded and probably greedy of me, i just dunt want a great song (Rise above,etc) to never get the chance of being on a U2 album, or never get played at a U2 concert. If the spidey songs could get used for both then that would be great, but i dunt think Larry is all that keen on it.

A) We haven't even heard any of the new U2 material they keep talking about, and hte ones we have I already think are better than the Spider-Man songs i've heard. Every Breaking Wave we've only heard as a jam between Bono and Edge and I already think it's better than that Rise Up song.

B) The Spider-Man songs are made for the musical. That Rise Up song just sounds alright as a stand-alone song in my opinion, but I'm sure in the context of the entire show it sounds and works great.

C) I'm not worried about a situation where Bono and Edge are putting all of their good ideas into a musical/soundtrack. It's happened in the past. Edge did the soundtrack for Captive before Joshua Tree, and we all know how well JT turned out. Bono and Edge both worked on the Clockwork Orange soundtrack, and that led them to Achtung Baby. Bono and Edge aren't pouring all of their good ideas into this musical, in fact I bet whenever they came up with something REALLY good they said "let's save that for U2".
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

C) I'm not worried about a situation where Bono and Edge are putting all of their good ideas into a musical/soundtrack. It's happened in the past. Edge did the soundtrack for Captive before Joshua Tree, and we all know how well JT turned out. Bono and Edge both worked on the Clockwork Orange soundtrack, and that led them to Achtung Baby. Bono and Edge aren't pouring all of their good ideas into this musical, in fact I bet whenever they came up with something REALLY good they said "let's save that for U2".

thats what im hoping too
  6. Have heard this and Boy Falls From the Sky now and i have to say i'm impressed. Two really good songs. Love the lyrics to this. Reeve's voice doesn't do much for me but he sings the chorus well. Love Bono on the verses.
  7. As I said on the U2 news topic, I beat that they spent 10 minutes on lyrics and 5 minutes on music.
  8. good song, i really like the lyrics, they seem to have taken their time writing this one. a bit generic in places though, that's my only gripe with it. sounds a bit like MOS meets HMTMKMKM.

that reeve carney guy's voice sounds a bit like bono actually, at first i thought it actually was him, until he actually did come in and i could hear the contrast.
  9. Originally posted by wangmaster:

that reeve carney guy's voice sounds a bit like bono actually, at first i thought it actually was him, until he actually did come in and i could hear the contrast.

He had absolutely zero stage presense on American Idol, last night. Must of been in awe of Bono and The Edge.
  10. just checked out the performance on youtube, i can see what you mean, completely wooden.

but yeah, standing next to bono is gonna dwarf anyone's stage presence anyway.

11. Are those indications from experience? I would love to hear some of your stuff. Will be back in an hour
  12. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

He had absolutely zero stage presense on American Idol, last night. Must of been in awe of Bono and The Edge.

He sounded better than Bono did though, in terms of being in key throughout the performance.