1. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

The beautiful thing about being a rock star is that you don't have to be in key all the time. Just ask Liam Gallagher.

I realize that, I was just making a comparison is all. And more than just staying in key, even on the recorded version Reeve sounds better. Bono's voice sounds broken and weak at points, except for those big high hitting notes. Reeves voice is clear and melodic, while Bono does the talking kind of thing. Blame it on age or whatever, I'm just making an observation because people around here and on other forums are talking about how Bono sounds so much better than Reeve does. People are confusing Bono's lesser singing to "has more feeling than Reeve does"...

Don't get me wrong, he still sounds alright, I'm just saying Reeve sounds better on the recorded version and sounded much much better live. Even my Aunt who sort of likes U2 (not nearly as much as myself or others around here) said "that other guy sounded better than Bono!"
  2. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Bono sings this with a lot of emotion in his voice, I really like it!! And he still sings some clean notes like, "woooooooord".

One hell of a pop tune!

that part is probably my favourite of the song
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

I realize that, I was just making a comparison is all. And more than just staying in key, even on the recorded version Reeve sounds better. Bono's voice sounds broken and weak at points, except for those big high hitting notes. Reeves voice is clear and melodic, while Bono does the talking kind of thing. Blame it on age or whatever, I'm just making an observation because people around here and on other forums are talking about how Bono sounds so much better than Reeve does. People are confusing Bono's lesser singing to "has more feeling than Reeve does"...

Don't get me wrong, he still sounds alright, I'm just saying Reeve sounds better on the recorded version and sounded much much better live. Even my Aunt who sort of likes U2 (not nearly as much as myself or others around here) said "that other guy sounded better than Bono!"

I think he meant to sing the song in that kind of voice. He stills shows what he can do on those high notes.
  4. Can't explain why, but I do like the song somehow, as I've been playing the studio version 10-15 times already...

About the live performance : Reeve's voice was indeed better, but Bono had more emotion into it. Probably because he was the one who wrote it.
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Can't explain why, but I do like the song somehow, as I've been playing the studio version 10-15 times already...

About the live performance : Reeve's voice was indeed better, but Bono had more emotion into it. Probably because he was the one who wrote it.

I don't think anyone can match the emotion Bono can put in a vocal. That's what makes him so special.

6. Perhaps.

7. +1 I agree
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Can't explain why, but I do like the song somehow, as I've been playing the studio version 10-15 times already...

9. yeah, when they bring out the album larry and adam need to get involved imho. But I like it, especially 'I hang on every everywhere!'
  10. finally got round to itunes'ing it, top track. had it on repeat for the last fifteen minutes.
  11. Its catchy
  12. got my hands on it today.

it's catchy indeed. listening to it again and again. nice melody and all. but like someone said above, it is Bono's voice that makes it special. that's why I love this man, as a musician