1. Prior to Vertigo I always thought 40 was their perfect closer. It was OK on Vertigo but it just doesnt seem to work like it used to.

I thought closing with Bad or All I Want Is You were pretty good as closers on Vertigo. I think the worst closer they have done was One on Popmart. Just didnt work as the last song to me.

Other than Edge's solo I think Love Is Blindness is sort of dull. I know I will be in the minority on that but it never did much for me on Zoo.

I have said this on other boards about this topic, but I think a good closer would be Streets. Talk about ending a show on a high.
  2. Originally posted by Blue_RoomI think the worst closer they have done was One on Popmart. Just didnt work as the last song to me.
    Well, One plus Unchained Melody snippeted was pretty good...
  3. Originally posted by Blue_Room
    I have said this on other boards about this topic, but I think a good closer would be Streets. Talk about ending a show on a high.

I'm not sure that would work. Of course we'd have to see it to judge. But U2 has never ended on a high. It's always a calm, happy tune to see people off like 40 or Walk On. Even before 40 in the early days they did The Ocean(!) or 11 o'clock tick tock.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, One plus Unchained Melody snippeted was pretty good...

Agreed...It's a great combination for me!
  5. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

I'm not sure that would work. Of course we'd have to see it to judge. But U2 has never ended on a high. It's always a calm, happy tune to see people off like 40 or Walk On. Even before 40 in the early days they did The Ocean(!) or 11 o'clock tick tock.

The last song of Red Rocks is A Day Without Me...This song is high I think
  6. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

The last song of Red Rocks is A Day Without Me...This song is high I think

My mistake..It's 40 too...My computer needs some repairs or I'm crazy...
  7. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

Well, just because it wasnt done before doesnt mean it wouldnt work. Love Is Blindness, calm happy tune??? Walk On was not a calm tune to me. Faster paced song to end with. Showed they could do it if they wanted. Not sure what is so happy about it either given the subject matter of the song.

They will never close with Streets but I think it would work great. It always gets a huge crowd reaction period. Leave the crowd wanting more, I think it would accomplish that very well. .
  8. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

Well, just because it wasnt done before doesnt mean it wouldnt work. Love Is Blindness, calm happy tune??? Walk On was not a calm tune to me. Faster paced song to end with. Showed they could do it if they wanted. Not sure what is so happy about it either given the subject matter of the song.

They will never close with Streets but I think it would work great. It always gets a huge crowd reaction period. Leave the crowd wanting more, I think it would accomplish that very well. .

Yeah me too, Streets would be awesome, they often closed the main set with Streets, that always worked out great. It's difficult to play a song after Streets that can top that performance.
  9. Originally posted by Blue_RoomLeave the crowd wanting more, I think it would accomplish that very well.
    Leave the crow wanting more only willl create UNsatisfaction...
    Originally posted by RemyYeah me too, Streets would be awesome, they often closed the main set with Streets, that always worked out great. It's difficult to play a song after Streets that can top that performance.
    Agree!! The Streets performance is the highest point of a U2 concert. Always.

By the way, I remember some 3rd-leg-Joshua whose main set was closed by Streets and I don-t like it at all... Ireally think it wouldn-t be a good clser...
  10. Some traditions should not be touched.

The last song on a U2 concert has to be "40" with Larryleaving the stage last.

Topic can be closed now.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Agree!! The Streets performance is the highest point of a U2 concert. Always.

By the way, I remember some 3rd-leg-Joshua whose main set was closed by Streets and I don-t like it at all... Ireally think it wouldn-t be a good clser...

Nope, Streets has never closed an encore on tour. They opened a couple of encores on Joshua Tree with it. But its never closed an encore or a show. So we dont know if it would work unless they tried it.
  12. Streets works anywhere in the set. although I didnt like it much as an opener on the JT tour its still a big opener. I think its best for it to be left in the main set somewhere when the show looses a bit of pace, maybe a few acoustic numbers then Bang!! rite in there with Streets to pick up the tempo. throw in the Fly and End of The World and the show is going places again. Streets as a closer? lets hear it first then decide.