1. Originally posted by u2met86depends on what i'm into at the moment and how i'm travelling.

if i'm driving a car, i like achtung baby as well as pop. i just go nuts when i'm driving and singing / moving my head along to Mofo real loud. if you've never done this it's exhilarating. (i mean they're all good! HTDAAB and ATYCLB also work)

if it's late at night or early in the morning, and either people are sleeping or i'm feeling reflective i'll put on zooropa.

if i'm flying i'll usually use Joshua Tree.

*ACTUALLY, i suggest the following: one time i had to fly many connections: 5 legs in a week, so i was able to experiment until i got it right. i would start City of Blinding Lights at the right moment, and then by the time the riff comes on (where the lights go on live) the plane's 2 back wheels leave the ground. when you get it right this is AWESOME!

also, if you ever fly across the western United States, you should really listen to Joshua Tree. it's like a pilgramage, it really is. **listen to In God's Country and One Tree Hill especially, looking down on mountains and rocks (that's all you see) is something you'll remember for a long time. especially b/c you are actually IN the "desert sky"

Hi u2met86...how are you friend?
    Congratulations...your posts keep touching me...they're going better an better..You really know how to express your feelings....but I'm almost crying now...because I love planes and I love U2...and you make me feel the same feelings that I have when I'm flying my plane(The happiests feelings for me)...for me planes and U2 fit perfect with each other and I can't listening to U2 songs while I'm flying (as a pilot) because I have to listening to the control tower,but I'm always thinking in U2 song...and in my last flight I was listening to City Of Blinding Lights in my head......and in the times that I travel in a plane as a passenger I always listen to Joshua Tree.

Thanks u2met86!
    See you friend!!
  2. Originally posted by u2met86depends on what i'm into at the moment and how i'm travelling.

Right! I think it depends also on the weather...
    Listen: last Tuesday I was going back home after school. I was on my own scooter, driving alone, among just a little traffic and listening to U2 through my mp3 player (it's prohibited, but I love doing it so much!). Before I leave I selected Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, so I started driving while listening to it. It was a sunny day, the sky was clean with some white clouds and around me there was my own town in a spring atmosphere. So the song fitted very well with the situation.
    However, when the song was going to end, the sky began to be more and more cloudy and, just when my player began to play Bullet The Blue Sky (as it was the casual play), it started raining! So also the second song fitted very well with the situation! Fortunately when it started raining I was just nearby my home, so I didn't get wet.

Originally posted by u2met86*ACTUALLY, i suggest the following: one time i had to fly many connections: 5 legs in a week, so i was able to experiment until i got it right. i would start City of Blinding Lights at the right moment, and then by the time the riff comes on (where the lights go on live) the plane's 2 back wheels leave the ground. when you get it right this is AWESOME!

also, if you ever fly across the western United States, you should really listen to Joshua Tree. it's like a pilgramage, it really is. **listen to In God's Country and One Tree Hill especially, looking down on mountains and rocks (that's all you see) is something you'll remember for a long time. especially b/c you are actually IN the "desert sky"

Alright! I'm going to try as soon as I find the right occasion (I don't fly very much...).

3. i went on a holiday to new york 2 years ago and one night we went to a party and got destroyed drunk. anyways the following morning we decided to go shopping in new jersey and got on a bus. i remember having the worst hangover of my life that day and it felt like the bus trip took for ever. i had an md player with me and one of the stand out memories i have of my whole trip to new york was being hungover on a bus looking out the window and listening to one tree hill.
    it kind of freaks me out a little when i think about it. its not really something you should remember about a trip to new york city but its etched into my memory nonetheless.
  4. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Alright! I'm going to try as soon as I find the right occasion (I don't fly very much...).

Fly...the best thing that you can do in your life my friend!

see you sadb7788!
  5. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

Fly...the best thing that you can do in your life my friend!

see you sadb7788!

I wish I could fly more often, but I think you have to be a pilot to fly really often! Better if a Brazilian pilot...

6. This is a great subject, how many experiences you have my friends, jeje..

take care
  7. I hate planes......... i think their the scariest thing ever! but one time for vacation I had 2 go to Mexico so I took the 2 hr plane from California's LAX 2 mexico and I made a U2 playlist and City of Blinding Lights helped and Beautiful day and In a Little While helped the last 2 albums helped my fear.
  8. Originally posted by Genaro92U2I hate planes......... i think their the scariest thing ever! but one time for vacation I had 2 go to Mexico so I took the 2 hr plane from California's LAX 2 mexico and I made a U2 playlist and City of Blinding Lights helped and Beautiful day and In a Little While helped the last 2 albums helped my fear.

Don't hate planes...You don't have to do same opinion that I have( I love planes since I was a little boy,just like U2...planes and U2 are my life!)...but they help to make the world a small place for us...and this is a great thing in my opinion...and they fly!(that's the best thing!)

but I agree with you...I think that U2 could help you a lot during the flight!

see you friend!!
  9. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

Don't hate planes...You don't have to do same opinion that I have( I love planes since I was a little boy,just like U2...planes and U2 are my life!)...but they help to make the world a small place for us...and this is a great thing in my opinion...and they fly!(that's the best thing!)

but I agree with you...I think that U2 could help you a lot during the flight!

see you friend!!

Yea the music helped a lot I always get nervous because I'm afraid of heights but yea I'm getting better at flying. ATYCLB and HTDAAB help
  10. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

I wish I could fly more often, but I think you have to be a pilot to fly really often! Better if a Brazilian pilot...

Agreed!
    and thanks sadb7788!!!You really know how to make me happy!!

See you friend!!

PS:I'll answer to your e-mail now!
  11. Originally posted by AidanFormigoniand thanks sadb7788!!!You really know how to make me happy!!

See you friend!!

Really pleased to be able to!

12. For me the best song to listen while your travelling is
    Where the streets have no name/zoo station !!!
    Streets is travelling by train very great if the train leave the station and
    the speed gets faster and faster and the train is on his limit and than
    you hear bono sing :" i want to run i want to hide i want to tear down the walls
    that hold me inside.........!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!
    And zoo station is also great in the train !!!
    i got alot of memory's about the boot "u2 first night of the 1992 world tour!"
    When i was a soldier in my younger years (ahum!) i traveld alot by train .
    And every time i was going home i listen to a tape in my walkman with that concert !!!!
    And when the train started to ride and zoo station started"LET THE SHOW BEGIN"!!!
    But there is a number that's not only great when your travelling but also
    as the clock radio in the morning goes off at 6 am "BEAUTIFUL DAY" !
    that's for me the greatest song to start the day