1. Super fond of 2001-10-24.
  2. Boston 2005-12-05 had absolutely the best Pride/Streets I've ever heard: it has been my favorite Streets ever since.
    Good second, in my book, is Dublin 1989-12-31.

3. 2005-06-18 London/2001-06-06 Boston/2001-08-25 Dublin (Slane)/1989-12-31 Dublin
  4. Melbourne, 1989-10-13.
    Heartland at the begin, great "burning down love" at the end.
  5. Originally posted by u2met86:

1989-12-31 Lovetown Dublin / Happy New Year Especially when the organ hits the Auld Lang Syne resolving major chord (lasting from 1:30 - 1:34) and the band steps out into visibility. Out of the constant screaming arises this collective, cathartic "sighing" sort of roar, as if everybody is relieved because U2 is here, and for now, everything in the world is going to be alright. (Well, this moment makes me feel that way. Considering the recent falling of the Wall, it probably DID feel that way.) Almost brings me to tears when I listen to it alone, not blasting, just in a quiet sort of way. "Oh yeah! I wanna run!"

I know this post is apparently from 11 years ago, but I'm so pleased that you (if you're still on this forum?) mentioned this particular version, and your reasons for doing so. Definitely my favourite version of Streets!
  6. December 26th 1989 is my favorite. I think that show overall is Bono's best vocal performance and the "trampled in dust" part gives me goosebumps. Plus the poem at the beginning just makes it so special.
  7. JT/Lovetown versions when it opens the show and Popmart shows with those electronics and Playboy Mansion coda
  8. Santiago 1998 is pretty great imo.
  9. Nothing will beat this

10. Rose Bowl 2009
  11. Originally posted by u2met86:WARNING: Long post! This is my favorite song ever.

I go in obsessive phases that last anywhere from a few weeks to a few years.

Currently my go-to verison is "Hasta La Vista, Baby!", which comes from the same concert as the 1997-12-03 PopMart Mexico City but it is a different mix, which is significant for me.
    -I love the fast tempo, Edge's hot-but-not-too-distorted guitar.
    -Mexicola, mexicola instead of Playboy Mansion snippet
    -"Where the streets have no shame" one time
    -Loud crowd mix
    -Little things, like when Edge is strumming (the 3 highest-pitched strings) after the lights go on and he accidentally hits the open D (4th) string, and it drones and then echoes in such a way that gives me chills every time. Or when Bono starts with, "Higher! Higher! Ahh... I wanna ruh-uh-huunnnn... y I want to hide. [NOTE: "y" means "and" in Spanish, he didn't flub there) I want to tear down the WALLS!" Other versions that have held the title of "Best Streets" in my mind include: [b]Rattle And Hum[/b] (for a few years)
    Elevation Boston (for a few years; it always eclipsed Slane for me, as good as that version was)
    Vertigo Chicago (for a few months)
    Popheart EP / Please (Single) from PopMart Rotterdam

Since U2start I've cycled through great versions a little more quickly. Those have included:
    1989-12-31 Lovetown Dublin / Happy New Year Especially when the organ hits the Auld Lang Syne resolving major chord (lasting from 1:30 - 1:34) and the band steps out into visibility. Out of the constant screaming arises this collective, cathartic "sighing" sort of roar, as if everybody is relieved because U2 is here, and for now, everything in the world is going to be alright. (Well, this moment makes me feel that way. Considering the recent falling of the Wall, it probably DID feel that way.) Almost brings me to tears when I listen to it alone, not blasting, just in a quiet sort of way. "Oh yeah! I wanna run!"
    1993-11-16 ZooTV Adelaide / Zoolaide: Starts with that booming bass note which is etched into my memory.
    1989-12-26 Lovetown Dublin / X-mas at the Point Depot: Poem at beginning. Trampled in dust!
    2001-06-17 Elevation New York / New York Love Affair: Life-changing moment. I was there and it is captured well on boot.
    1987-11-07 Joshua Tree Denver / Mountains And Deserts: Best "HOAH!" before the lights go on. Great drums & guitar mix! Better than the film! At the end, Bono yells, "OHHHHH YEAH!!"

Streets will probably always be my favorite song because when I grow tired of it, I can just move onto another favorite version! Oh yeah, the album version is also absolutely incredible. Every erratic nuance of Bono's voice, Edge's guitar, Adam's bass and Larry's snare captures this perfect version from what feels like a spontaneous jam, it feels live (just with no crowd noise.

This whole post deserves to be printed, framed and hung at some U2 museum.