1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    It's too late now.
    Some of the excuses they argue for not varying the setlist just baffle me: no Drowning Man because "they couldn't find a place in the setlist"?
    I believe they rehearsed If God Will Send His Angels prior to 360 commencing...

I can't be the only one who thinks ISHFWILF > Drowning Man > IGWSHA > Unknown Caller sounds like an absolutely delectable piece of setlist...

More on topic... When I Look At the World is easily one of my favourites from ATYCLB. It's really quite an odd song but very beautiful, both sweet and haunting... I agree that it should be resurrected. Sad to say, but it fits 2016 perfectly.
  2. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I believe they rehearsed If God Will Send His Angels prior to 360 commencing...

I can't be the only one who thinks ISHFWILF > Drowning Man > IGWSHA > Unknown Caller sounds like an absolutely delectable piece of setlist...

More on topic... When I Look At the World is easily one of my favourites from ATYCLB. It's really quite an odd song but very beautiful, both sweet and haunting... I agree that it should be resurrected. Sad to say, but it fits 2016 perfectly.
    Both "sweet and haunting" - I think this is why songs like this from ATYCLB end up more on the side of poignancy than on sentimentality for me. It's definitely got a simple, sweet sound but not too sweet, especially with the lyrics at the end. Nice way of putting it.

3. I like this cover. Sounds great... just imagine what a real U2 performance would be like.
  4. I don't see this happening. Problem with U2 is that they only play the new songs and the big hits. They neglect 90% of their great songs. Its a matter of taken time to rehearse the songs. So they can dream all cords etc. I regret that this not a priority of U2 nowadays.

The boss once once says to the E streetband, no one left the building until we can play the f.... songs.
  5. Originally posted by ferrari:I don't see this happening. Problem with U2 is that they only play the new songs and the big hits. They neglect 90% of their great songs. Its a matter of taken time to rehearse the songs. So they can dream all cords etc. I regret that this not a priority of U2 nowadays.

The boss once once says to the E streetband, no one left the building until we can play the f.... songs.
    "90% of their great songs" probably aren't what 90% of their audiences want to hear, and they know that. So many people on this site bitch about Pride being a live staple, yet at every single show I've been to when they've played it the audience (including myself) went NUTS. The same goes for Elevation, a song I can't really stand, but people LOVE it. They want to play to a happy crowd, not a bored one. So as much as people want to hear Acrobat or Wave of Sorrow, it ain't gonna happen. Such is the problem with being the band with a ton of huge mainstream hits and a ton of (what I would call) casual fans who only really want to hear said hits.

I can't deny that I've been that casual fan. I saw Styx a couple years ago and was really pissed that they didn't play Mr. Roboto.
  6. So, it got snippeted in Kansas because there was a petition in the GA line.

Bono altered the lyrics to acknowledge it - "people find sign all kinds of things"

7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:So, it got snippeted in Kansas because there was a petition in the GA line.

Bono altered the lyrics to acknowledge it - "people find sign all kinds of things"

wow, how cool. just listened back to this snippet. so awesome still.

8. This snippet has always been of the main reasons I hate that they're all called "snippets".

Larry mistakenly starts playing the drums for Vertigo, that's a snippet.
    Bono says four words of Creep, that's a snippet.
    They play a couple of lines of Sgt. Pepper's, that's a snippet.
    They play 80% of the whole When I Look At The World, that's a snippet.
  9. Originally posted by Bloodraven:This snippet has always been of the main reasons I hate that they're all called "snippets".

Larry mistakenly starts playing the drums for Vertigo, that's a snippet.
    Bono says four words of Creep, that's a snippet.
    They play a couple of lines of Sgt. Pepper's, that's a snippet.
    They play 80% of the whole When I Look At The World, that's a snippet.
    Excellent point. The one that gets me is listing 'Shines like stars' or 'See me coming Lord' as separate 'snippets', when they are just extra verses of those songs.

I remember this performance of When I Look... though, and I thought it sounded great as part of Bad. Ditto the Peace on Earth-Walk On segue for 9/11.
  10. Shouldve done it on the Elevation Tour on nights there was a 3rd/4th show,i still think its a great song but its time has passed i feel for them to get the nost out of it on a live setting.
  11. my dream song to hear live...
  12. Listening to that excerpt from Kansas, I think this would work in acoustic mode, the way they did Staring At The Sun. In fact, I'd like to see U2 reinterpret more of their older material this way and do away with all the backing tracks.