1. Have you voted for the New 7 Wonders of the World? If not, hurry up!

More information here: http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=315&L=0

Great Wall of China
    Taj Mahal, India
    Machu Picchu, Peru
    Colosseum Rome, Italy
    Acropolis, Greece
    Easter Island Statues, Chile
    Petra, Jordan
    Stonehenge, United Kingdom
    Alhambra, Spain
    Angkor, Cambodia
    The Pyramid at Chichén Itzá, Mexico
    Christ Redeemer, Brazil
    Hagia Sophia, Turkey
    Kiyomizu Temple, Japan
    Eiffel Tower, France
    The Kremlin and Red Square, Russia
    Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
    Statue of Liberty, USA
    Sydney Opera House, Australia
    Timbuktu, Mali

The New 7 Wonders of the World will be announced during the Official Declaration ceremony in Lisbon, Portugal on Saturday, July 7, 2007 - 07.07.07.

2. Didn't know anything about this - thanks for the heads up. I've cast my vote!
  3. Since last december I've voted about 50 times for Hagia Sophia @ Turkey and La Alhambra @ Spain...
  4. no giant's causeway?
  5. Great Wall of China
    Petra
    Christ The Redeemer
    Machu Picchu
    Chichen Itza
    Colosseum
    Taj Mahal

Here are the results.
    I voted for five of them, not Petra and Christ the Redeemer.

6. Originally posted by zooTV4allGreat Wall of China
    Petra
    Christ The Redeemer
    Machu Picchu
    Chichen Itza
    Colosseum
    Taj Mahal

I love all of them, in particular Christ The Redeemer and Taj Mahal, but having one of the 7 Wonders of the World in my own country makes me feel very proud!
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyno giant's causeway?

Héhé, it's something great, but i tought the Irish say it's built by a giant, not by human ?
  8. Originally posted by germcevoyno giant's causeway?

Haha, as a Portrush man i'm offended.
  9. Great wall of China
  10. I'm so glad Taj Mahal made it. Lucky number 7!
    I visited it once and was just blown away by how beautiful it was from each and every angle.
  11. Well, the UNESCO (or however it's spelled on your language) has declared that this poll has NO validity.
    Originally posted by WIKIPEDIAThe United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in a press release on June 20, 2007 reaffirmed that it has no link with the initiative, which it says would reflect "only the opinions of those with access to the internet".

A paragraph from the press release reads "There is no comparison between Mr Weber’s mediatised campaign and the scientific and educational work resulting from the inscription of sites on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. The list of the 7 New Wonders of the World will be the result of a private undertaking, reflecting only the opinions of those with access to the internet and not the entire world. This initiative cannot, in any significant and sustainable manner, contribute to the preservation of sites elected by this public."

Egyptian commentators have viewed it as competition to the status of the Great Pyramid of Giza, the only surviving monument of the original Ancient Wonders. "This is probably a conspiracy against Egypt, its civilization and monuments," wrote editorialist Al-Sayed al-Naggar in a leading state-owned daily. Egyptian Culture Minister Farouq Hosni said the project was "absurd" and described its creator, Weber, as a man "concerned primarily with self-promotion". Nagib Amin, an Egyptian expert on World Heritage Sites, has pointed out that "in addition to the commercial aspect, the vote has no scientific basis."

After the complaints from Egypt, the pyramid was given special status and removed from the voting list. From the Web site: "The New7Wonders Foundation designates the Pyramids of Giza — the only remaining of the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World — as an Honorary New7Wonders Candidate, and removed it from the voting."

In Brazil there was a campaign Vote no Cristo (Vote for the Christ) which had the support of private companies, namely telecommunications operators, that stopped charging voters.

In China there was fear that "an onslaught of tourism" is destroying the fortification to defend against invaders (even if the Chinese were proud of the winning poll). The Great Wall had been slowly and severely destroyed by tourist visitors.
    So, no official validity. However i congratulate to all the people who has one Wonder on his/her country...
    I expected my 2 favorites (Hagia Sphia and La Alhambra) to win, but... ...
  12. Originally posted by LikeASongWell, the UNESCO (or however it's spelled on your language) has declared that this poll has NO validity.[..]So, no official validity. However i congratulate to all the people who has one Wonder on his/her country...
    I expected my 2 favorites (Hagia Sphia and La Alhambra) to win, but... ...

It wasn't valid?! What a ridiculous thing to do! It was basically just the world's biggest forum then...

Oh no wait, SECOND biggest forum. I think the Word Association Game is coming close to crashing the entire internet pretty soon