1. Originally posted by Remy[..]
    If he asks it: no, if he sings it: yes!

One of the most short snippets was during the Vertigo Tour in Sweden, all he said was (in 1 sec.):
    'If you wear that velvet dress'

After City Of Blinding Lights. It was counted as a snippet, it's however really debatable what can be counted as a snippet and what not. We leave that question for another day and thread

Don't forget the Baba O'Riley snippet before Wild Horses in Bonolulu. "Out here in the fields"

But you're right. It's very debatable. I remember discussing it during the Popmart tour even.

Back to topic now.
  2. I don't even think snippets should be limited to lines or melodies, they should be words too. If Bono even says the words Mysterious, Beautiful, Blinding, One, Streets, Miracle, Angel, Find, The, I, You, A then that's a snippet.

Or even words that sound like words. If Bono says Elevator, then that's an Elevation snippet.

Remy, go and redo the entire bootleg catalogue and incorporate my system please

3. Originally posted by germcevoyI hate it when you read about all these great snippets in setlists and these turn out to be nothing. My favourte snippet of the Vertigo Tour was 'Seven Seconds' before Yahweh ate the Copenhagen show

Absolutely, great awesome snippet. Makes it one of my favorite Yahweh performances.
  4. Originally posted by rmann83I don't even think snippets should be limited to lines or melodies, they should be words too. If Bono even says the words Mysterious, Beautiful, Blinding, One, Streets, Miracle, Angel, Find, The, I, You, A then that's a snippet.

Or even words that sound like words. If Bono says Elevator, then that's an Elevation snippet.

Remy, go and redo the entire bootleg catalogue and incorporate my system please

Yeah good idea, I'll have the new U2start ready when the time Bono's grandchildren formed a tribute band.
  5. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yeah good idea, I'll have the new U2start ready when the time Bono's grandchildren formed a tribute band.

Bono's comment is great. 'those chords are pretty similar the Edge'. the suspicion in his voice. Great moment.
  6. Excellent song. And I absolutely love that line, "Though I can't say why, I know I've got to believe." This is the kind of song that makes Pop. The album has so many identities. I also love the track placement. I usually just press play with Pop and just glide through track by track. By the time PB comes on, your completely submerged. It seems like the next logical thing.
  7. Well,although I think that there's better songs on Pop,Playboy Mansion is pretty cool,relaxing for me...

For me Pop wouldn't be Pop without Playboy Mansion(although it wouldn't be the same without Gone,Staring at the Sun,Wake up Dead Man,Mofo etc.)
  8. I think it's a nice song. Very relaxing and great lyrics.
  9. I like it very much... Nice lyrics and soft melody...