1. I just got my new ipod (finally!) and was filling it up with songs and while looking up HTDAAB extra's, I came across some demos and early sessions. I was really surprised with the quality of some of the work here, particularly Neon Lights. I'm so glad that this song was unfinished because it sounds so simple and straightforward the way it is; its a gorgeous song I think.

As well 'Doctor, doctor' had some potential I think. Heaven & Hell, Goodbye, Xanax & Wine, Native Son, Yaweh/SYCMIOYO/ABOY alternate versions...there is a lot of strong potnential they were working with and looking at HTDAAB and how it came out, I don't think its quite complete without some of that sound that got chopped. What do you think should have been developed more or left the way it was? What would you think would have made for a better track listing?

Here's my go:

Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)
    Native Son
    Miracle Drug
    Doctor, doctor
    Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
    Love & Peace
    City of Blinding Lights
    All Because of You (Alternate Version)
    Crumbs from Your Table
    One Step Closer
    Original of the Species
    Yahweh
    Neon Lights
  2. Doctor, doctor and Heaven and Hell came from the Achtung Baby sessions. Also Goodbye isn't from the HTDAAB sessions.
  3. I think Vertigo could have kept a little more of Native Son and benefited
  4. Originally posted by RemyDoctor, doctor and Heaven and Hell came from the Achtung Baby sessions. Also Goodbye isn't from the HTDAAB sessions.

Really?? Damn you Limewire!! Damn you all to hell!
  5. Originally posted by germcevoyI think Vertigo could have kept a little more of Native Son and benefited

Agreed. Lyrically Vertigo is superior but sonically, Native Son's got that crunchy guitar sound and the bridge in the middle just explodes compared to Vertigo
  6. The lyric flows very nicely at times and the chorus is great
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyThe lyric flows very nicely at times and the chorus is great

Agreed with that
  8. where is the song goodbye from? is it possible to post a link to it here?
  9. Originally posted by patrickwaldronwhere is the song goodbye from? is it possible to post a link to it here?

According to Limewire (always reliable ) ) its an outtake of HTDAAB sessions but Remy says its not. I can post the link but not till I'm off work so probly 7 hours from now. Or I can email it to you if you like.
  10. I read a while ago that U2 made 23 songs to split on 2 albums...
    The first 11 came on Dismantle, the others would be wroked out later...
    This was info on Wikipedia so i know the source isn't quite reliable but it still sounded interesting to me...

I totally prefer Native Son to Vertigo btw...
  11. Originally posted by rmann83

Neon Lights is a Kraftwerk cover.

12. Originally posted by zooTV4all[..]

Neon Lights is a Kraftwerk cover.

Neon Lights is a no no for me