1. hey guys...
    does anyone else agree with me that Bad is at it's best "instrumentally" on the Vertigo Tour??? i think that it just has more flow than on other tours.... plus i think the edge may have changed the way he plays it too....

what're anyone elses thoughts???
  2. I don't know if they've really changed anything instrumentally with this song on the Vertigo Tour. Edge still plays the main riff and solo parts the same way. I must say however that I LOVE the way they added in The First Time at the end of Bad at the 2005-09-21 Chicago show. Not just a little snippet either, the entire song. That was pure brilliance, absolutely amazing. I don't believe they've ever done anything quite like that before with Bad, where the music just totally changes. That said, the Unforgettable Fire performances will never be topped in my opinion. Everything about those were truly epic. There was just a certain energy, Bono's voice before it really deepened for the JT era, and the whole band just throwing themselves over 100% into a song that was brand new at the time. Don't get me wrong, it's beyond awesome on every tour, but those 1984-1985 performances of Bad to me will always be at the top.
  3. Originally posted by silkenskyI don't know if they've really changed anything instrumentally with this song on the Vertigo Tour. Edge still plays the main riff and solo parts the same way. I must say however that I LOVE the way they added in The First Time at the end of Bad at the 2005-09-21 Chicago show. Not just a little snippet either, the entire song. That was pure brilliance, absolutely amazing. I don't believe they've ever done anything quite like that before with Bad, where the music just totally changes. That said, the Unforgettable Fire performances will never be topped in my opinion. Everything about those were truly epic. There was just a certain energy, Bono's voice before it really deepened for the JT era, and the whole band just throwing themselves over 100% into a song that was brand new at the time. Don't get me wrong, it's beyond awesome on every tour, but those 1984-1985 performances of Bad to me will always be at the top.

totally agree with ya on Bad from chicago... absolutely amazing!!!

what do you think about bono's vocals in Bad... definitely better on the Vertigo tour compared with the elevation tour... do you agree?? i reckon he was shithouse on the elevation tour to be honest...
  4. Definitely better on the Vertigo Tour, much better! Although there's something about the way he struggles with the song on Elevation at certain shows like Boston, it's hard not to be moved by it. But God what a song, it's almost as if they channel both Bad and Where The Streets Have No Name directly from Heaven whenever they perform them.
  5. Vertigo Tour - Chicago 12th May 2005.....includes snippets of Norwegian Wood & Sexual Healing & 40,just over 10 mins long.After Sexual Healing snippet,it quietens down,then Larry starts with the Bass Drum and we're off again.

Vertigo Tour - Saitama 4th December 2006......Ruby Tuesday snippet,only about 5 1/2 mins long but so powerful and passionate.

I respect others peoples opinion about the Elevation Tour version of Bad,but disagree on the following 2.Just listen to:

Gund Arena - 3rd May 2001
    MSG,New York - 25th October 2001.......with a little snippet of REM's Everybody Hurts.
  6. Originally posted by silkenskyDefinitely better on the Vertigo Tour, much better! Although there's something about the way he struggles with the song on Elevation at certain shows like Boston, it's hard not to be moved by it. But God what a song, it's almost as if they channel both Bad and Where The Streets Have No Name directly from Heaven whenever they perform them.

Haha, perfectly said! However, the TUF 'Bad' was also great. The Live Aid version in Wembley 1985 was also great and very long!
  7. Originally posted by gmcVertigo Tour - Chicago 12th May 2005.....includes snippets of Norwegian Wood & Sexual Healing & 40,just over 10 mins long.After Sexual Healing snippet,it quietens down,then Larry starts with the Bass Drum and we're off again.

did the same thing on Melbourne 19th on Vertigo... ruby tuesday, 40 then build back up again... awesome stuff!!!
  8. Originally posted by gmc

I respect others peoples opinion about the Elevation Tour version of Bad,but disagree on the following 2.Just listen to:

Gund Arena - 3rd May 2001
    MSG,New York - 25th October 2001.......with a little snippet of REM's Everybody Hurts.

another good one from elevation is the last boston show.... 2001-06-09.... great vocally considering his voice was shithouse in the Boston DVD
  9. I agree that Bad is better on Vertigo tour but I think that on Elevation was some good performances of Bad.
    Bad in Boston was great both instrumentally and Bono singing
  10. Originally posted by BenkyI agree that Bad is better on Vertigo tour but I think that on Elevation was some good performances of Bad.
    Bad in Boston was great both instrumentally and Bono singing

A Bad shorter than at least 8 minutes are bad Bad. The best performances where from 1984 to 1990. Bono should keep quiet under Edge's solo.

11. At the end of the solo and snippets Bono has to do the 'let it go ah ha, and so to' then let the crowd sing 'FADE AWAY' a few times then bring it in again for a seconf solo. Theyre my favourite versions but I haven't heard it recently. LoveTown Rotterdam 1990-01-10 is a great example of this
  12. Originally posted by silkenskyDefinitely better on the Vertigo Tour, much better! Although there's something about the way he struggles with the song on Elevation at certain shows like Boston, it's hard not to be moved by it. But God what a song, it's almost as if they channel both Bad and Where The Streets Have No Name directly from Heaven whenever they perform them.

I feel the same way. God is in the center room when they perform these. Magnificent songs.