1. Ok is it me or are there 2 different versions of this song? I had been missing the POP album from my collection basically since it came out. So my recall of what was on there was a little shabby. I am on Youtube the other day, checking U2 clips and come across the video Please. First off, didnt realize what a hell of a track this is and has aged superbly in my mind's eye or ear in this case. What really caught my attention was the quintessemtially classic Edge guitar solo at the end of the song, all of the sounds, tones and vibrations that have made this band famous and sonically unique. Here's the kicker - i was rather blown away by this guitar solo because i never recalled there being one that sounded that good at the end of this track! Next day, go pick up POP insert CD into my car and scan directly to Please, ready to here that wicked uplifting solo at the end of the song. And it never comes!! I am thinking i am must be losing my head here, replay it several times. Nothing. Now I have a 2005 Volkswagon Golf with the stock stereo which blows big time, no mid range whatsoever and terrible at seperating sound levels. I know my stereo sucks but not that bad to mask a ripping guitar solo. Just listened to the track on Youtube right now and lo and behold, there's that guitar solo, sounding clear and pronounced. So, is it just my stereo system or does anyone out there know if there is a produced version for the video that differs from the one on the album? I know this sounds absurd but I would appreciate some U2 insight to this matter. Cheers to you all - B
  2. they released a single version of the song... sometimes called the "strings version"... in my opinion it's SO SO much better than the album version...

c ya round
  3. Ok thank you for confirming that for me!! I agree wholeheartedly, that version is far superior than whats on the album. So this " strings" version was released as a single? on a mini CD? is it difficult to track down? thanks again for clue-ing me in.