1. Hi there,

I'm busy reading the book U2 By U2 (finally!)
    And i'm discovering some new great things here !

For example the first 2 songs of the band, "Street Missions" and "Life On A Distant Planet"
    So i was wandering if there are recordings of these songs or something...
    Can anyone please help me with sending me this songs ?

Thanks a lot already !
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBonoHi there,

For example the first 2 songs of the band, "Street Missions" and "Life On A Distant Planet"

Thanks a lot already !

Yeah there is. You can get street Missions here under early shows 1978-1980.
  3. Originally posted by BelgianBonoHi there,

Thanks a lot already !

Yea just go to the early boot sections. Cartoon World Is another one. 'Jack and Jill went up the hipp, took some acid and popped some pills'. Not exaclty With Or Without You
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBonoHi there,

Thanks a lot already !

What is your emai? I can try and send Street Missions to you.
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBonoHi there,

Thanks a lot already !

Hi BelgianBono!
    I'm happy for you that you got U2BYU2! Enjoy the reading, just as also I am doing.

Streets Mission is available here: http://www.u2start.com/bootlegs/1978-06-00/Unknown,%20Unknown%20-%20Youngline%20-%20Irish%20TV%20/ and here: http://www.u2start.com/bootlegs/1978-11-01/Dublin,%20Ireland%20-%20Keystone%20Studios%20/ . They are two studio recordings and I think there's no live version of this song.

Life On A Distant Planet is not available in any studio version, but I remember I heard it somewhere in a live version. Though I can't find it. If I find where I will tell you.

Anyway, if you're interested in early U2 songs just wait for my next compilation. I only have to download some more shows and I will make an early-shows one.

6. Make sure to check the videos of these 2. Really funny stuff.
  7. Thanks for all the info guys
  8. Originally posted by easports43[..]

What is your emai? I can try and send Street Missions to you.

busta_freelance79@hotmail.com
  9. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Hi BelgianBono!
    I'm happy for you that you got U2BYU2! Enjoy the reading, just as also I am doing.

Streets Mission is available here: http://www.u2start.com/bootlegs/1978-06-00/Unknown,%20Unknown%20-%20Youngline%20-%20Irish%20TV%20/ and here: http://www.u2start.com/bootlegs/1978-11-01/Dublin,%20Ireland%20-%20Keystone%20Studios%20/ . They are two studio recordings and I think there's no live version of this song.

Life On A Distant Planet is not available in any studio version, but I remember I heard it somewhere in a live version. Though I can't find it. If I find where I will tell you.

Anyway, if you're interested in early U2 songs just wait for my next compilation. I only have to download some more shows and I will make an early-shows one.

Héhé, thanks a lot sadb !!
    Great to hear the first songs of the guys... Sounds quite strange though :p
    Edge's talent was already hearable i think, not so sure about Bono
  10. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Héhé, thanks a lot sadb !!
    Great to hear the first songs of the guys... Sounds quite strange though :p
    Edge's talent was already hearable i think, not so sure about Bono

I'm very interested in U2's early days. Their talent was not totally visible yet, but I can't say how they could make such great songs! Think of the whole Boy album. A great work for four guys who weren't able to play covers! But also some of the songs that were released only in singles CD were great. One example: 11 O'clock Tick Tock!

11. Awesome stuff . These songs are of course nothing compared to their classics, but some of the talent is really noticable. Still amazing that Bono at the time knew for sure that this band will become the biggest one in the world.