1. I refer to this post written by rmann83 in my topic "Ultraviolet blooper"

------------------------------------------------------------------
    posted by rmann83 (Member) on 2007-07-17 08:24 pm quote

Originally posted by BelgianBono: OMG i never heard Larry stopped there OR Whispering Achtung Baby... Am i a U2-Fan ?

No worries, I never knew either until I read up on it once in a Bono/Edge interview. Apparently the albums loaded with things like that. I still haven't heard all the achtung baby whisperings myself, i know there's one in Zoo Station...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Well actually I think I've found the whispering in Zoo Station. It is at 1'54" from the beginning.
    The word Achtung starts at 1:54 while Baby is said at 1:55.
    It is barely audible because of the loud music, and it sounds just like a whisper, as if the words are blown off the mouth by a breathe..........it could take some tries but at the end it should sound clear

Let me know if you hear it too
  2. its hardly a blooper is it?
  3. Originally posted by germcevoyits hardly a blooper is it?

well actually it should be named " Easter egg"
  4. Originally posted by stefano1973[..]

well actually it should be named " Easter egg"

easter egg sounds a lot better.
  5. Well, I don't hear anything, just Bono saying 'Zoo Station' at 1:55...
  6. Originally posted by MWSAHWell, I don't hear anything, just Bono saying 'Zoo Station' at 1:55...

.....it is hard to listen, you gotta hear "under" the normal song.
    When Bono says "Got to make it on time ... Zoo Station" is that the exact point, it is the pause btw these 2 sentences.
    But I repeat you gotta listen very carefully because it is just a whisper....I still can barely understand that someone says it even though I have listened and listened....

Hope it helps

P.S. Use earpiece, it should help, you cannot hear it w/o it
  7. Hi, thanks for posting this (and my sad sentence )

This morning i listened really careful to the whole Achtung Baby album and i never found just one "Achtung Baby"
    Oh well maybe that's good news : It are just my ears, not a bad U2-fan

BUT i heard Larry lost his stick, that's a bit more obvious but still very hard to hear if you don't know it...

Now i'm gonna search for that Achtung Baby's
  8. He also says it right before the bridge/Edge solo in The Fly. They mix it in really loud for the Interference documentary from the original collection of videos. But it's still there on the record.
  9. well, i think we're all crazy to search for this kind of things....and I love it
  10. Originally posted by Coenwell, i think we're all crazy to search for this kind of things....and I love it

I know, this is the only place I can think of where ppl wouldn't shake their heads at me for looking this much into it

That's the beauty of Achtung Baby; the album is ridiculously and (almost) endlessly deep. Here we are 15+ years after its release and there's still secrets to discover. Mark of an extraordinary band

But ya, when i read the interview, i dove into the album and i remember listening over and over and over and found one in Zoo Station, i think in the Acrobat and in Love is Blindness. Then there's the guitar string snapping, larry's drumstick drop, and adam swinging in and out of his timing in mysterious ways. its one of the only albums i know that is not great despite its flaws but great BECAUSE of them
  11. Originally posted by stefano1973[..]

.....it is hard to listen, you gotta hear "under" the normal song.
    When Bono says "Got to make it on time ... Zoo Station" is that the exact point, it is the pause btw these 2 sentences.
    But I repeat you gotta listen very carefully because it is just a whisper....I still can barely understand that someone says it even though I have listened and listened....

Hope it helps

P.S. Use earpiece, it should help, you cannot hear it w/o it

I'll try. I hear a very sligth 'Achtung' I think, but that's all. I'll try the earpiece later.