1. Hey, Remy, good afternoon. I thought this topic was better here than at MSN...

I've just registered in another web, and see what I found on the "Thread Display Options" (a part of youself-web-customizing).

Nice, at least for me.

It drives me crazy when I want to search a topic a few weeks old, since this Forums have tons of new topics everyday (which is great by the way).

The other option, setting which number of posts you wanna show on each page, is also great. I know, in each page here are allowed 12 posts. Why not 15 or 20?

What do you think?
  2. Yeah there will be more config options on the new forum, this forum is just a basic forum now. I didn't create that much options because I like to wait first how popular it would be before I make a dozen options that aren't necessary.

And I also have to deal with performance issues, the same settings for everyone is the best for the performance So I'll see where it goes to.

3. Originally posted by RemyYeah there will be more config options on the new forum, this forum is just a basic forum now. I didn't create that much options because I like to wait first how popular it would be before I make a dozen options that aren't necessary.

And I also have to deal with performance issues, the same settings for everyone is the best for the performance So I'll see where it goes to.
    Alright. They were just new ideaas...

Topic can be closed now.
  4. Do you keep this forum or are you gonna use vBulletin or something?
  5. Originally posted by MWSAHDo you keep this forum or are you gonna use vBulletin or something?

No, absolutely not, I keep this forum. I wrote it all myself from scratch and the advantage is that it doesn't have options that I don't use. That makes it fast and easy to modify for me. Plus I can integrate it easily with the rest of the website that way.
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

No, absolutely not, I keep this forum. I wrote it all myself from scratch and the advantage is that it doesn't have options that I don't use. That makes it fast and easy to modify for me. Plus I can integrate it easily with the rest of the website that way.

You wrote the entire forum code yourself? Wow - that is bloody brilliant. Gotta hand it to you Remy, anyone who can code a forum by hand is a mastermind.
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

You wrote the entire forum code yourself? Wow - that is bloody brilliant. Gotta hand it to you Remy, anyone who can code a forum by hand is a mastermind.

Thanks! I wrote the whole website I always wanted to write a forum, it's not that difficult, it's just much work.
  8. Originally posted by RemyThanks! I wrote the whole website I always wanted to write a forum, it's not that difficult, it's just much work.
    OMG you're a fucking God...
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]OMG you're a fucking God...

Hehe, don't exaggerate, there are a lot of people who can do such things. It's not that brilliant. But it's cool yeah.