1. The first Vertigo deserves a Native Son snippet. Edge plays the opening riff of Native Son before kicking into Vertigo. I know that Native Son became Vertigo but for any enthusiasts of Native Son out there, download it and have a listen. Also this show needs upgraded to 4 stars
  2. Snippet suggestions can go to u2-vertigo-tour.com, not here. We just fetch the setlists from them. And 3 stars seems okay for this show, I know better audience recordings. A little bit too much audience noise if I may say so, Saitama-like recordings are 4 stars
  3. Originally posted by RemySnippet suggestions can go to u2-vertigo-tour.com, not here. We just fetch the setlists from them. And 3 stars seems okay for this show, I know better audience recordings. A little bit too much audience noise if I may say so, Saitama-like recordings are 4 stars

in-consitency with the ratings. would need a lot of work for conclusive ratings.
    Think you'd be best going with the user-rating system. Let us rate them. I don't lnow how much work this would take to set up but it could be a good solution
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

in-consitency with the ratings. would need a lot of work for conclusive ratings.
    Think you'd be best going with the user-rating system. Let us rate them. I don't lnow how much work this would take to set up but it could be a good solution

I don't think I'll go on with that, because it wouldn't work. Maybe 10% of the users would submit valid ratings. Imagine if there is a bootleg here with one star, and you have a bootleg in your collection with 4 stars. Then you say, hey, this is better, I'll re-rate this bootleg at 4 stars.

Real situation: the bootleg you have is another one than the bootleg on U2start. There are so many versions of many bootlegs that it's impossible to stay accurate. Accuracy is one thing that I really vote for.

My solution: I'm going to work with half-ratings, if people doubt about 3 or 4 stars we make it 3,5. If people doubt about 2 or 4 stars then probably something is wrong on one of the two sides.
  5. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I don't think I'll go on with that, because it wouldn't work. Maybe 10% of the users would submit valid ratings. Imagine if there is a bootleg here with one star, and you have a bootleg in your collection with 4 stars. Then you say, hey, this is better, I'll re-rate this bootleg at 4 stars.

Real situation: the bootleg you have is another one than the bootleg on U2start. There are so many versions of many bootlegs that it's impossible to stay accurate. Accuracy is one thing that I really vote for.

My solution: I'm going to work with half-ratings, if people doubt about 3 or 4 stars we make it 3,5. If people doubt about 2 or 4 stars then probably something is wrong on one of the two sides.

fair solution. I suppose ther'l be no fool proof solution for it other than downloading the version on here and deciding for yourself whether its a 3 or a 4. I find that most 3's on here are pretty good anyway, i'm just picky. I forwarded the Native Son commented on to u2-vertigo-tour
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

fair solution. I suppose ther'l be no fool proof solution for it other than downloading the version on here and deciding for yourself whether its a 3 or a 4. I find that most 3's on here are pretty good anyway, i'm just picky. I forwarded the Native Son commented on to u2-vertigo-tour

Yes it's very difficult to stay fool-proof, we'll see how it works and if it doesn't work we'll think of something else. We're all human after all.

I will also disable bootleg submissions through the bootleg page on the new website, I receive over 10 submissions a month of all known fake bootlegs and upgrades or additions can be posted fine on the forums.

Thanks!
  7. you've got your work cut out for you. still cannot wait for the new site.