1. Just wanted to let you all know.....I just got banned from interference. Why? Because I complained about bootlegs hoarders & why I am so gainst it. Ridiculous isnt it? There was a thread going on not too long ago about the Toronto show IV...whereas a certain indiviual managed to rig his cell phone equipment up to the board & got a soundboard recording. He posted samples if this...people begged him to share..and he never did. Felt he didnt owe anyone anything, and he didnt want to 'share his prize'. Myself, who burns cds & gives them to people all the time....well, this kind of stuff really burns me up. The owner of this website made a fantastic point on interference as to why perhaps the indiviual should perhaps share...he didnt even care. Sometimes I wonder why people have to be such a dick as a U2 fan when it comes to recordings & bootlegs.
    You people have no idea how lucky you are to go to a website like this & basically download any concert you want at no expense. Funny thing I find about the whole hoarding thing...especially about the ass that has the Toronto show..is that he probably got 90% - 95% of his shows from simply downloading from websites for nothing. From people that wanted to share their experiences with the rest of the world..YES, THE REAL U2 FANS.
    Theres really not a whole lot people can do about this. I tried to talk to the guy in -a rational manner thru private emails but he just wanted to be a selfish little brat about the whole thing. Says he didnt like anyone fro interference .....but I guess its ok to download free recordings from them, right? I complain about this type of thing on interference and I end up getting banned. Go figure......starting to remind me of how interference was 5 years ago when mods always had their hand on that red button.
  2. First of all, thank you for your compliments, it really keeps us motivated to keep it up the way we work.

It happens all the time over there, hundreds of users were banned in the past few years.
    I also did read that topic and tried to speak to the person who has the recording but it didn't make any sense, he was not reasonable at all. Too bad, our vision is that every U2 fan in the world has the right to download any concert he wants without too many restrictions, that's the way U2 and U2 fans are all about in our opinion. We all got the same passion, and why not share it with others?

Our goal is to create an online source for every U2 fan, a free source, where every widely available bootleg on the internet is available to download. It's a huge job but I think we can do it with the help of all the other U2 fans.
  3. During the Vertigo & Elevation tour tailgating parties...I would burn a ton of concerts on cd & simply give them to anyone that seemed pretty cool. They were so grateful...for me, that IS the payoff for being a U2 fan. Bono has given so much to people...which I truly has believe inspired people to do the same on all different levels. Its all about the music. I will be posting shows very soon on this website. Any requests?
  4. Originally posted by jag0918 During the Vertigo & Elevation tour tailgating parties...I would burn a ton of concerts on cd & simply give them to anyone that seemed pretty cool. They were so grateful...for me, that IS the payoff for being a U2 fan. Bono has given so much to people...which I truly has believe inspired people to do the same on all different levels. Its all about the music. I will be posting shows very soon on this website. Any requests?

Well, just look at the bootleg requests forum, plenty
  5. You were banned because you broke several rules and it wasnt the first time. Also, you were only banned from that forum, not all of Interference.

I agree, at times some of the mods in particular the board owner, are a bit ridiculous. But overall they give people plenty of oppurtunities to hang themselves. We all remember your constant bickering with Acres that got you temporarily banned the first time. Well, you continued the same thing with another. Are you really surprised it happened again? I'm not.

There are at least 4 different recording sources for the show you are getting all hot and bothered about and none of them have released theirs either. So I wouldnt focus on one person. Also, who says that one person even has all of that show. Could just be clips?? Constantly bitching about it accomplishes nothing. People will hold stuff for various reasons (some because they really dont have it), but I can guarantee you constantly bitching at them and/or calling them names isnt going to get it out there for sure.

There are SO many great recordings available for nothing. This site is a prime example of it. Focusing/bitching about what isnt available for nothing accomplishes nothing.
  6. Originally posted by Blue_RoomYou were banned because you broke several rules and it wasnt the first time. Also, you were only banned from that forum, not all of Interference.

I agree, at times some of the mods in particular the board owner, are a bit ridiculous. But overall they give people plenty of oppurtunities to hang themselves. We all remember your constant bickering with Acres that got you temporarily banned the first time. Well, you continued the same thing with another. Are you really surprised it happened again? I'm not.

There are at least 4 different recording sources for the show you are getting all hot and bothered about and none of them have released theirs either. So I wouldnt focus on one person. Also, who says that one person even has all of that show. Could just be clips. Hmmm, think about it. Constantly bitching about it accomplishes nothing. People will hold stuff for various reasons (some because they really dont have it, hmm, think about it), but I can guarantee you constantly bitching at them and/or calling them names isnt going to get it out there for sure.

There are SO many great recordings available for nothing. This site is a prime example of it. Focusing/bitching about what isnt available for nothing accomplishes nothing.

You're right about that, never thought of it that way, there's a good chance the person doesn't even own the whole recording of the show. And we shouldn't judge a ban when we don't even know all of the details, I manage a lot of forums and also one forum with over 15 million posts in it so I know what it is to ban people 'cause I did it over a thousand times and sometimes you're right with a ban, and sometimes you're not. But people judge a ban way too fast in general, so it makes no sense to complain at another forum.

And we all should hope all the not-yet-released recordings become available in the following years and indeed, not bash too much 'cause all you can get is the opposite of people who want to share what they got.
  7. What other recordings are we missing from the Vertigo tour?
  8. Originally posted by acemanWhat other recordings are we missing from the Vertigo tour?

Well, the Vertigo tour is quite complete, I think that around 5-10 bootlegs in total are missing. Bootlegs like Buenos Aires #1 or Brazil #2 never surfaced, but I'm sure someone has Buenos Aires #1 for example, he just doesn't want to share it. User Zooropa431 has the complete list of Vertigo shows that never surfaced.
  9. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Well, the Vertigo tour is quite complete, I think that around 5-10 bootlegs in total are missing. Bootlegs like Buenos Aires #1 or Brazil #2 never surfaced, but I'm sure someone has Buenos Aires #1 for example, he just doesn't want to share it. User Zooropa431 has the complete list of Vertigo shows that never surfaced.

There are also numerous major upgrades in quality for alot of shows as well as things that havent surfaced completely from Vertigo and several other tours. But like I said before, there are enough great ones out there already. Its not worth getting upset about really.
  10. Hey Blue_room you have been up my ass since day one. I never had a problem with you but now you are pissing me off. You obviously dont get the point Im trying to make...and Im not going to give you the satisfaction of reading the emails that I recieved from StlElevation to justify myself either. As far as Acres is concerned...again, a situation thats really none of your business to comment on. Ive had my dealings with him for 5 years and his rudeness of telling me to 'eat a bullet' one day was the straw that broke the camels back. So get your damn facts straight.
    I stand by my word...hoarders suck. I think the mods at interference are friggin ridiculous with these 'double standards'
    One time I asked for a song/'official recording b-side on the forum..and one of the mods emailed it to me. Two months later I asked for something else....another mod gave me a hard time about it & suspended me for a month. DOUBLE STANDARDS is what interference is all about. The mods have always had their hands on the red button to boot whoever they want at any time and its getting ridiculous. Ive praised that site for years.....now if a member has a problem with another member...the mods just boot them.
  11. Originally posted by jag0918Hey Blue_room you have been up my ass since day one. I never had a problem with you but now you are pissing me off. You obviously dont get the point Im trying to make...and Im not going to give you the satisfaction of reading the emails that I recieved from StlElevation to justify myself either. As far as Acres is concerned...again, a situation thats really none of your business to comment on. Ive had my dealings with him for 5 years and his rudeness of telling me to 'eat a bullet' one day was the straw that broke the camels back. So get your damn facts straight.
    I stand by my word...hoarders suck. I think the mods at interference are friggin ridiculous with these 'double standards'
    One time I asked for a song/'official recording b-side on the forum..and one of the mods emailed it to me. Two months later I asked for something else....another mod gave me a hard time about it & suspended me for a month. DOUBLE STANDARDS is what interference is all about. The mods have always had their hands on the red button to boot whoever they want at any time and its getting ridiculous. Ive praised that site for years.....now if a member has a problem with another member...the mods just boot them.

I had a big response that I'm sure many read and maybe you did as well. But I have just decided its just a waste of time. If you cant see how useless, pointless and ridiculous your antics are, then no one will convince you. Just ask yourself this, what do you seriously hope to legitimately gain by constantly bitching, complaining, and berating those with material you might want? Do you seriously think that will get them to share it with you? Good luck with that! LOL
  12. You obviously dont see my point and never will. What a pity. Good luck