1. Um....what's this about?

2. 23. Why is the Edge slamming his guitar to the ground at the end of "Gone" during the June 2001, Elevation Boston DVD?

During a web chat The Edge answered this question from a fan by saying "Because we murdered the song."

That night in Boston it was evident that The Edge was having trouble with his guitar. From the perspective of being in the crowd in the heart it appeared that The Edge was unhappy with Larry ending the song earlier than The Edge had planned. After the incident with the guitar The Edge could be seen having words with Larry over at the drum kit. [M2, AS]

========================================================================================
    And probably one of the many reasons it was never played again, too.

From http://www.u2faqs.com/live/
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

23. Why is the Edge slamming his guitar to the ground at the end of "Gone" during the June 2001, Elevation Boston DVD?

During a web chat The Edge answered this question from a fan by saying "Because we murdered the song."

That night in Boston it was evident that The Edge was having trouble with his guitar. From the perspective of being in the crowd in the heart it appeared that The Edge was unhappy with Larry ending the song earlier than The Edge had planned. After the incident with the guitar The Edge could be seen having words with Larry over at the drum kit. [M2, AS]

========================================================================================

One of my favorite videos-LOL
  4. The Edge was on fire because od Mullen and this is one of the reasons why this version is just awesome.

(The Edge is angry on Mullen but for a second you can see Larry's face, he's enjoying Edges playing and saying probably "Yeah!" or somethin... at 00:33)
  5. Speaking of being on fire, I'd like to make a new suggestion for the new u2start. Where it says below your username Mofo, God Part II, Angel of Harlem etc can it be at 3000 posts to say 'On Fire'?
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

they did play it again... the last Boston show they played it.... 2001/06/09
  7. Originally posted by drewhigginsSpeaking of being on fire, I'd like to make a new suggestion for the new u2start. Where it says below your username Mofo, God Part II, Angel of Harlem etc can it be at 3000 posts to say 'On Fire'?

Hehe, I'm also gonna renew the list of those names, don't know yet what I'm gonna change, you'll see
  8. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

they did play it again... the last Boston show they played it.... 2001/06/09

Oh yeah but not after the Elevation Tour or 2001. But really, what was played a lot from Pop on the Vertigo tour anyway? I think they should have given it another go though.
  9. Originally posted by drewhigginsOh yeah but not after the Elevation Tour or 2001. But really, what was played a lot from Pop on the Vertigo tour anyway? I think they should have given it another go though.
    I would have loved Please, Gone, Wake Up Dead man o Last Nigh On Earth. These are the possible-after-POPMart to be performed. Let's hope for the next tour.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I would have loved Please, Gone, Wake Up Dead man o Last Nigh On Earth. These are the possible-after-POPMart to be performed. Let's hope for the next tour.

If they're gonna re-do some of the songs (e.g. revisit them) I would love to see Discotheque re-done in a really rock style. Last Night on Earth and MOFO would be awesome again, and maybe Playboy Mansion - but please, whatever they do, do not play If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

Anything can be played but that.....even Red Light.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I would have loved Please, Gone, Wake Up Dead man o Last Nigh On Earth. These are the possible-after-POPMart to be performed. Let's hope for the next tour.

Wake Up Dead Man is played some times...
    And Discotheque but that was only twice i think...

Please bring back Last Night On Earth !
  12. Originally posted by drewhigginsIf they're gonna re-do some of the songs (e.g. revisit them) I would love to see Discotheque re-done in a really rock style. Last Night on Earth and MOFO would be awesome again, and maybe Playboy Mansion.
    Yes, agree absolutely. I forgot Discoteque. It's a great song live, although it has never reached all its enormous capability.
    Originally posted by drewBut please, whatever they do, do not play If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

Anything can be played but that.....even Red Light.
    Hahaha... You're a hater of IYWTVD!
    Originally posted by BelgianBonoWake Up Dead Man is played some times...
    I know it. About 20 times on the Elevation Tour, I'm aware of.
    I referred to Post-Vertigo, if you know what I mean. I would love to live Wake Up Dead Man, for me it's the 2nd best track of POP (after Please).