1. I know this might sound strange to a lot of you but I've only just discovered what an amazing band the Arctic Monkeys really are. I mean, I've always known ABOUT them but I just figured them for a UK version of Fall Out Boy with Harry Potter as the lead singer...

But a friend played a song of theirs called Flourescent Adolescent and I was blown away and now I'm going mental about them.

Any one recommend any songs, know any facts/stories or (even better) U2 related stories about these guys?
  2. 'A Certain Romance' from their debut album. Stunning. Say no more
  3. Both albums are faultless,

Do me a favour from the current album and Dancing Shoes from the first album.

Make sure that you get Leave before the lights Come On which was released as a single only.

There is also a a broadcast quality bootleg on the net somewhere of the Leeds Festival performance from last year which shows you how good they are live.:
  4. The more I listen to them, the more extraordinary I think they are. The Ones we know and Teddy Picker are fantastic.

Did they ever open for U2 or has U2 ever expressed an opinion on them?
  5. " The more I listen to them, the more extraordinary I think they are. The Ones we know and Teddy Picker are fantastic.

Did they ever open for U2 or has U2 ever expressed an opinion on them? "

They haven't opened for U2 here in the UK but maybe elsewhere in Europe I don't know.
    They headline festivals here and just played two of their own shows in Manchester open air to 100,000 people so I think that rules them out as supporting U2 in the UK.

That would be a hell of a show if they did open for them. Maybe throw Oasis on the bill as well for good measure!
  6. Originally posted by gcwarr" The more I listen to them, the more extraordinary I think they are. The Ones we know and Teddy Picker are fantastic.

Did they ever open for U2 or has U2 ever expressed an opinion on them? "

They haven't opened for U2 here in the UK but maybe elsewhere in Europe I don't know.
    They headline festivals here and just played two of their own shows in Manchester open air to 100,000 people so I think that rules them out as supporting U2 in the UK.

That would be a hell of a show if they did open for them. Maybe throw Oasis on the bill as well for good measure!

they haven't played with U2. Oasis were much bigger than the Arctic Monkeys when they supported U2. Arctic Monkey's huge in UK and europe but they don't have the same influence in the states.. . . . yet
  7. I Love This "505" For the Last Album

But I Think The First Album Is Better
  8. I Love the Arctic Monkeys . Alex have a beatiful voice. All the songs are different.
  9. Originally posted by maartenu2I Love the Arctic Monkeys . Alex have a beatiful voice. All the songs are different.

Key to the survival of any ambitious band: diversity. A characteristic they share with U2.

I found it exceptional when Alex Turner said in an interview with Q magazine:

"Was releasing Brianstorm as a single an attempt at derailing your own success? It's hardly the most commercial track on the album.
    A: That's what it's all about, really, isn't it? Trying to not do what everyone thinks you're gonna do. And then, when they think you're gonna do that, do what they THOUGHT you were gonna do. That's a much more fur way to exist."

Very ZooTV. I think U2 would be proud
  10. yea their cool i have both albums and the Glastonbury audio there awesome!1
  11. Has anyone found a bootleg of the old trafford gig on saturday yet??

I was there.

Although the sound wasn't the best and halfway thorugh balaclava it packed up completely for 10 minutes they were fuckin awesome.

I'd defo recommend goin to see them live.