1. Originally posted by robbie07If you were a girl then Party Girl would be just perfect.

I KNOW!!!! damn ....
  2. Originally posted by AlexCongratulations.

I'd recommend for a party:

Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Sunday bloody Sunday
    Mysterious Ways
    New Year's Day
    Pride
    All because of you
    I will follow
    Angel of Harlem
    When Love comes to Town

I'm 38 now. So I don't really know if that's what you're looking for. There's also a gazillion of dance remixes of most U2 songs out there if that's what you prefer.

Alex

thanx alex ur right on the spot remixes, album versions, live version suggestions are welcome oh All Because of You good one
  3. Hey Genaro92U2 happy birthday!

In response to your question, what outcome are you going for?

Are you looking to please the crowd (which is the norm for a party)? Or are you looking more to play songs that you like to share with your friends?

Just shooting from my experience, there are many other, more appropriate times for playing music just for you; I personally tend to look for crowd-pleasers because the "crowd" is what separates a party from... well, just listening to my iPod with my headphones on. But again, you're in a much better position to judge than I am.

Pleasing the crowd rests on knowing what they like and what's appropriate for a party. The parties I go to tend to have a lot of high energy music, including rap / R&B, pop, dance, and some rock but not all. Most of those mid-tempo rock songs are fantastic to listen to but often in a party setting they can leave some people standing around wondering what's going on.

My personal recommendation is to throw U2 into a varied mix, and to include high-energy U2 songs (mostly 90s) along the lines of...
    Mofo
    Do You Feel Loved
    Lemon
    Vertigo
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways

If it's more of a rock crowd, sometimes Sunday Bloody Sunday or New Year's Day (or other 80s hits) might also be appropriate.

Regardless of your final verdict on the music, I hope you have a fantastic birthday and I hope you're party is all you hope it will be!
  4. Originally posted by u2met86Hey Genaro92U2 happy birthday!

In response to your question, what outcome are you going for?

Are you looking to please the crowd (which is the norm for a party)? Or are you looking more to play songs that you like to share with your friends?

Just shooting from my experience, there are many other, more appropriate times for playing music just for you; I personally tend to look for crowd-pleasers because the "crowd" is what separates a party from... well, just listening to my iPod with my headphones on. But again, you're in a much better position to judge than I am.

Pleasing the crowd rests on knowing what they like and what's appropriate for a party. The parties I go to tend to have a lot of high energy music, including rap / R&B, pop, dance, and some rock but not all. Most of those mid-tempo rock songs are fantastic to listen to but often in a party setting they can leave some people standing around wondering what's going on.

My personal recommendation is to throw U2 into a varied mix, and to include high-energy U2 songs (mostly 90s) along the lines of...
    Mofo
    Do You Feel Loved
    Lemon
    Vertigo
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways

If it's more of a rock crowd, sometimes Sunday Bloody Sunday or New Year's Day (or other 80s hits) might also be appropriate.

Regardless of your final verdict on the music, I hope you have a fantastic birthday and I hope you're party is all you hope it will be!

HEY! THANX! yea the crowd is my family that are Mexican and speak only spanish except for the kids and teens that like rap -_- and im going 2 mix it with music from other artists and genres, like rap, pop, and spanish music. my mom and dad wanted me 2 make a cd with various english and spanish music and mix it up! thats so hard!!!! i only need like 4-5 U2 songs .

so far i have :

Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)
    Vertigo (Jacknife Lee 10" Version) [Lisbon Mix]

i like those and a bunch of songs from other songs

need like 3 more U2 songs
  5. go with Do You Feel Loved. Funky dance type song
  6. yea i think i might go with Do You Feel Loved
  7. Originally posted by Genaro92U2yea i think i might go with Do You Feel Loved

Great Choice!
  8. Originally posted by Genaro92U2yea i think i might go with Do You Feel Loved

good lad. You won't regret it. Let us no how the party goes
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

good lad. You won't regret it. Let us no how the party goes

Yeah don't forget to let us know how it went.
  10. alright thanx guys i will
  11. aaww man my birthday party is in 14.5 hours!!!!!! im getting nervous i should be going 2 bed its 11:21 p.m. here in Cali.... my moms still cooking cakes XD haha she procrastinates 2 i hope it all goes well ...
  12. Oh yeah and happy birthday! Do You Feel Loved sounds like a good choice.