1. Elvis. One of the most important men in music history. Although I never understood why he created such a hype in that time. But he was a great man. I saw a documentary about him this week, and it impressed me.

Respect for this man. Elvis
  2. Bono's essay on Elvis for Rolling Stone's 50 Immortals is AWESOME!!!

Today I'm listening to ZOOTV DC (1992-08-16) beginning to end:

1992-08-16: 15th anniversary of Elvis's death, U2 ZooTV @ RFK Stadium in Washington DC. "Calling The White House" / "And Now A Word From Our Sponsors."
    -Beginning of "Even Better Than The Real Thing," Bono yells, "Elvis is alive!"
    -Ends with "Can't Help Falling In Love" (but it's not in the U2start recording! I think the soundboard boot doesn't have it.)

1997-08-16: 20th anniversary: U2 PopMart: Wiener Neustadt, Austria - Airfield.
    -TONS of Elvis snippets (Mystery Train, Suspicious MInds...)
    -***ENDS WITH CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE even though it's PopMart (which usually closes with "One") and NOT ZooTV (which was usual).

...interesting date for the band throughout history.

I believe Elvis is to Bono as Bono is to me (and many of you U2start-ers out there).
  3. Originally posted by u2met86Bono's essay on Elvis for Rolling Stone's 50 Immortals is AWESOME!!!

1992-08-16: 15th anniversary of Elvis's death, U2 ZooTV @ RFK Stadium in Washington DC. "Calling The White House" / "And Now A Word From Our Sponsors."
    -Ends with "Can't Help Falling In Love" (but it's not in the U2start recording! I think the soundboard boot doesn't have it.)

-***ENDS WITH CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE even though it's PopMart (which usually closes with "One") and NOT ZooTV (which was usual).

I believe Elvis is to Bono as Bono is to me (and many of you U2start-ers out there).

Nice info..well done.
  4. Originally posted by u2met86Bono's essay on Elvis for Rolling Stone's 50 Immortals is AWESOME!!!

Thank you! I was just wondering what did U2 do on the previous Elvis' death anniversaries. Thank you!