1. Hi! This is Ali709, an Iranian fan of U2...probably the biggest fan in Iran (believe me, not exaggerating...not many people know the band here ).

Glad to be here, have been visiting the site for some time now, but since I just got the good news email, I thought maybe it's time to start using the forums as well!

Nice to meet you all, see you in the other forums
    -Ali709

P.S. BTW, I'm working on a Persian U2 fan site which will be finished soon, so if any of you is Persian (Iranian)...look out for it, cause it will be great!
  2. hey Ali. I'd just like to say a big welcome to you. You've picked the perfect time to get busy with the forums now that it's all updated. Good luck with your own site and let us know how it works out for you
  3. Welcome! I'm Nate. Hope to see you around. Good luck with your site, and as Germcevoy said you've
    picked the perfect time to join the forums!
  4. Welcome!

This site, the forums....everything and everyone here is awesome so yeah, u're gonna love it, you just aren't aware of it yet
  5. Hello Ali, welcome to the site!! I know what you mean about the cultural difference. Though I live in Canada, I'm waaaay further southeast in heritage.

Welcome to a community of well wishers, supporters and very friendly....HEY!! That avatar! THAT was one of the ones I was thinking about for MY new avatar!! How COULD yOu!

Kidding welcome to our world and all the best
  6. Hi there, welcome! Nice to have some fans here from Iran.

If you have spare time left, you can create a Persian translation of U2start for us, would be great
  7. Originally posted by Ali709Hi! This is Ali709, an Iranian fan of U2...probably the biggest fan in Iran (believe me, not exaggerating...not many people know the band here ).

Glad to be here, have been visiting the site for some time now, but since I just got the good news email, I thought maybe it's time to start using the forums as well!

-Ali709

P.S. BTW, I'm working on a Persian U2 fan site which will be finished soon, so if any of you is Persian (Iranian)...look out for it, cause it will be great!
    Ahlan wa'sâhlan!!!!

Nice to meet you, dear Iranian!! Probably you're the only Persian fan up there, so you will be appreciated very much here!
    Believe or not, I've studied Arabic (strange since I'm Spanish and I talk in English!) for a year now, so you even have an Arabic speaker here!

I hope someday I could visit your great land... Someday, when all the conflicts of the world are solvented, we all could visit every country without fearing anything. I'm waiting for this day. Until then, we can only chat and enjoy music together!
    Really, really nice to meet you!

Maâsalama!!
  8. hi welcome to this great great great site,you will love it!!!!
  9. Originally posted by Ali709Hi! This is Ali709, an Iranian fan of U2...probably the biggest fan in Iran (believe me, not exaggerating...not many people know the band here ).

-Ali709

Welcome here, please enjoy your stay!
  10. Hey there and welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do..
    your'll get hooked trust me!
    take care and see you on the boards!
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Ahlan wa'sâhlan!!!!

Nice to meet you, dear Iranian!! Probably you're the only Persian fan up there, so you will be appreciated very much here!
    Believe or not, I've studied Arabic (strange since I'm Spanish and I talk in English!) for a year now, so you even have an Arabic speaker here!

I hope someday I could visit your great land... Someday, when all the conflicts of the world are solvented, we all could visit every country without fearing anything. I'm waiting for this day. Until then, we can only chat and enjoy music together!
    Really, really nice to meet you!

Maâsalama!!

Amen

Welcome to the site! I'm always stunned when ppl from Iran and co visit / like Western Fans .

Hope you'll enjoy your stay
  12. Thanks for the kind replies everyone!

rmann83: Actually I was considering changing the avatar, but now that you want it as well, I'll just stick with it for now

Remy: I was actually considering that (Persian translation) once I noticed that you are putting up translations, but I'll have to think about it. Right now I'm on vacations in Spain, have to see if I will have the time once I'm back!

LikeASong: I'm not that good at Arabic, but I'm pretty good at Spanish (I lived here - Madrid - for 4 years), and...espero verte, cuando llegue el dia!

Again, great to meet you all! If I find time (as I'm on vacations) I'll visit the other forums as well, but if not...well, you'll see me quite active in about 2 weeks when I'm back