1. Wow, it's been only a couple of weeks since my last visit and it changed quite a lot. And it's great
    I looked it on this forum on the search page but didn't found anything, but sorry if it was already posted.

I better get to the point:
    Since it's quite impossible to objectively rate the bootlegs quality whether it is in terms of audio or performance, I wondered if it was possible to add the option for u2start users to write a comment or review about a concert, and then all of them can be seen below or on the menu. That way, when someone wants to download a bootleg, theydon't have just the rating of the uploader, but also he or she could read what other users think.

For example if I want to download the 1997 Popmart concert at Leeds, I can read reviews of that bootleg from users which could say "The audio is great, though Mysterious Ways has less quality. Amazing performance of Even better than the real thing, bono dedicates it to George Harrison, very funny"

I don't know how hard is that to make it work on a website, it's just a suggestion, this site is great as it is .
  2. Yes this would be a nice feature.
    Although we have a kinda similar thing here, I'd appreciate this. The feature with "This show has awesome performances of" is quite awesome of course, and it helped me to choose some bootlegs, but some more interesting/funny information would be great, like the examples you stated. In fact I did such comments for a few bootlegs for myself already already because one day I wanna make my ultimate live-album with gorgeous renditions of songs including some cool "features" of songs

*Edit*
    whee, the "This show has awesome...." has disappeared from the Bootlegs as I just noticed
  3. I thought about this too, but..

Achtungbootlegs.com already has this, that website has thousands of reviews and we link to them through the "known sources for this show" link on the bootleg page.

So why do the same thing as already done? I don't want to reinvent any wheels, unless the wheel can be created much better.
  4. Originally posted by loftarasa
    *Edit*
    whee, the "This show has awesome...." has disappeared from the Bootlegs as I just noticed

Yeah I don't have any space left for those kind of statistics. Maybe I can build it again some day.
  5. Pimm's book is also very good to look for 'special moments'
  6. Thanks for the hints guys , I'll check 'em out

Looking forward to the day when the 'awesome perfos...' comes back
  7. Originally posted by yeahPimm's book is also very good to look for 'special moments'
    Pimm's book is AWESOME.
  8. Originally posted by RemyI thought about this too, but..

Achtungbootlegs.com already has this, that website has thousands of reviews and we link to them through the "known sources for this show" link on the bootleg page.

So why do the same thing as already done? I don't want to reinvent any wheels, unless the wheel can be created much better.

Yeah that's the idea. Achtungbootlegs did it... very very very very BADLY.

The navigation is horrible (you have to scroll beginning to end either by date, city?!?!?!, TITLE?!?!?, etc.).
    80% of the reviews are in French which sucks for a primarily English speaker. I could go on.

---

Now, I understand that implementing this particular feature in any sort of useful way is incredibly difficult (hell, just defining what "useful" means for this feature is hard enough) so I do not judge either ABoot or U2start.

So I do believe an improved system is possible, just not within the next week / month. For now we enjoy and take in all the other awesome features of the new U2start!

9. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

80% of the reviews are in French which sucks for a primarily English speaker. I could go on.

Feel free to add your own english reviews. That site depends on contributions.
  10. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

Yeah that's the idea. Achtungbootlegs did it... very very very very BADLY.

The navigation is horrible (you have to scroll beginning to end either by date, city?!?!?!, TITLE?!?!?, etc.).

---

Now, I understand that implementing this particular feature in any sort of useful way is incredibly difficult (hell, just defining what "useful" means for this feature is hard enough) so I do not judge either ABoot or U2start.

So I do believe an improved system is possible, just not within the next week / month. For now we enjoy and take in all the other awesome features of the new U2start!

Yeah probably true, it's difficult for me. You know what, I'll put on my possible to-do list, I'll see what I can do with it in the future.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Pimm's book is AWESOME.

Extraordinary work.

Rest in peace Pimm.

12. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

80% of the reviews are in French which sucks for a primarily English speaker.

I'm ok with that Nah, seriously there's some reviews in English and as long the site can be view in english it's ok