1. Originally posted by w8jij17Any news yet? Sorry guys but I'm so hungry for this thing.

Well, September 9 is a long time ago

And about U23d, no news yet.
  2. Originally posted by NoamTG[..]

That's so fun!

In Israel there is only 1 Imax and it's in the south, which is about a 6-8 hour drive from where I live!

hey noam,
    do you think the movie will come to eilat? it's the only chance.
  3. Originally posted by walkon[..]

hey noam,
    do you think the movie will come to eilat? it's the only chance.

No, because the movie only plays in theaters that have "RealD" [not sure exactly what it is but you need it to play U23D].
    Eilat is only a regular imax theater so the movie will not play there

The closest theater to us is in Greece!
  4. Originally posted by NoamTG[..]

No, because the movie only plays in theaters that have "RealD" [not sure exactly what it is but you need it to play U23D].
    Eilat is only a regular imax theater so the movie will not play there

The closest theater to us is in Greece!

bummer, i can't believe that we cant watch the movie.
  5. Maar dat we er meer van gaan horen is zeker. Dit was een animatiefilm, maar er staan ook digital 3D-films in de agenda waarin 'echte mensen' spelen. Zo is er een verfilming in productie van het boek' Journey to the center of the earth' van Jules Verne, komt er een digital 3D-versie van Beowolf en staat voor november de eerste U2-concertregistratie op de agenda. En hoewel deze animatie me eigenlijk een beetje tegenviel, kijk ik wel erg uit naar dergelijke nieuwe releases. Of het nou een succes gaat worden of niet.

http://www.planet.nl/planet/show/id=118880/contentid=883251/sc=69c6b4

I don't know what their source is, but if they are right the release could be next month (which I think is impossible to do if you look at promotion and a premiere) or it could be in november 2008, which is later than originally said (wiki: early 2008).

and another one:

The upcoming concert documentary U2 3D has been picked up for distribution by National Geographic. According to Variety, the film will only be released in 3-D.

The film was shot in South America during the band's Vertigo tour. The project was produced by 3ality Digital and directed by Catherine Owens and Mark Pellington. 3ality Digital CEO Sandy Climan stated, "Digital 3-D is a new cinema medium that truly allows moviegoers to immerse themselves in the experience, energy and emotion of being in a prime seat at a U2 concert."

The film will make its North American debut in January of 2008.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/62/23962.php
  6. http://www.nme.com/news/u2/32166

'U2's concert film 'U2 3D' will be released in late January in 3D only in the US'

Hmmm, think they made a mistake.

National Geographic Cinema Ventures has picked up upcoming concert docu "U2 3D," which it will distribute both domestically and internationally.
  7. Originally posted by w8jij17

WHAAAT?! Only in the US?

everything gets released in the US first. We might get it later in the year if we are lucky. It's gonna be so dated though. The new tour will be here or just around the corner by the time we see this.