1. hey...

i've ripped the audio from the Slane castle DVD and i listen to it on my iPod quite regularly... but i pulled the DVD out the other day and watched it and the songs seem to run a lot faster on the actual DVD and it sounds so much better at that speed.... i've ripped the audio at 232 kbps... would this have something to do with it??? what if i ripped it again at a higher bit rate??

any help would be appreciated...
  2. The bit rate doesn't have anything to do with the speed of the songs.

You probably did something wrong or you're wrong. Just check the length of the audio and compare it with the video, then you know if something is wrong.

I also move this to more proper forum.
  3. Originally posted by RemyThe bit rate doesn't have anything to do with the speed of the songs.

You probably did something wrong or you're wrong. Just check the length of the audio and compare it with the video, then you know if something is wrong.

I also move this to more proper forum.

hmm thanks remy... i must be dreaming lol
  4. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

hmm thanks remy... i must be dreaming lol

Probably Tell me the length of one of the songs, I can compare it with mine.
  5. DVDs produced in the US of A are 23 frames per second which affects the audio at 2% slower than Australia where our ears and eyes hear and see 25 frames per second on audio and video. That's why, I know it's a pain and why I stopped ripping the official DVDs.

So this makes the official DVDs faster, whereas audio rips are slower.
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Probably Tell me the length of one of the songs, I can compare it with mine.

well i've got sunday bloody sunday at 7 mins 11 sec...
  7. Originally posted by drewhigginsDVDs produced in the US of A are 23 frames per second which affects the audio at 2% slower than Australia where our ears and eyes hear and see 25 frames per second on audio and video. That's why, I know it's a pain and why I stopped ripping the official DVDs.

So this makes the official DVDs faster, whereas audio rips are slower.

hmmm very interesting drew... thanks for that
  8. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

Seems like you have better ears than me, I would never notice something like that unless it's significantly slower
  9. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

Any country with the PAL system - which Argentina, Australia, England, Holland, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom to name a few countries represented on U2start will notice it.

Of course the US of A don't notice it because they use NTSC as does Japan. And I'd daresay that the DVD was originally intended for NTSC regions, so in the US of A they don't hear or see it. I'm not aware of any Japanese fans here, but correct me if there are. You can set the frame rates faster or slower - but again, this isn't really worth it because it goes heavily out of sync.
  10. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

well i've got sunday bloody sunday at 7 mins 11 sec...

Mine runs 7 mins and one second.
  11. Hmm never noticed this. I must have bad ears of something
  12. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyHmm never noticed this. I must have bad ears of something

I personally never noticed it, but it indeed does affect PAL regions.