1. Was watching the RAH dvd the other day and it reminded me of the time I first saw it and at the point just before angel of harlem, the band are being interviewed by the press.
    For years I thought Bono said 'We went to sun studios, but don't tell anyone about this' (he actually says 'I didn't tell you about this') which is utterly ridiculous seeing as the worlds media were there, but makes me chuckle now.
    I thought it'd be a laugh to put up a topic about any misheard quotes or lyrics from songs and also to prove im not the only one on here whos deaf as a post.
  2. Originally posted by toonarmy9Was watching the RAH dvd the other day and it reminded me of the time I first saw it and at the point just before angel of harlem, the band are being interviewed by the press.
    For years I thought Bono said 'We went to sun studios, but don't tell anyone about this' (he actually says 'I didn't tell you about this') which is utterly ridiculous seeing as the worlds media were there, but makes me chuckle now.
    I thought it'd be a laugh to put up a topic about any misheard quotes or lyrics from songs and also to prove im not the only one on here whos deaf as a post.

good one!! and pretty good topic indeed!!
    regarding the misheard lyrics and quotes, it really happens to me everytime, and by listening again and again or doing some research I end up understanding..
    cheers!!
  3. According to some people, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" can be heard as "Små negrer i sanden" in swedish. It translates: Small niggers in the sand.
  4. Originally posted by zooTV4allAccording to some people, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" can be heard as "Små negrer i sanden" in swedish. It translates: Small niggers in the sand.
    loool
  5. By the way, I have had misheards since I'm able to remember, I guess it has to do with listening to U2 songs since I was a small child and a non-native English speaker. I still sing some wrong words nowadays, just because they were etched in my mind before I could even understand them
  6. Red Hill Mining Town as I heard it : ''I'm hanging on, you only slip to hold on to''

As its is ''I'm hanging on, your all thats left to hold on to''
  7. Originally posted by zooTV4allAccording to some people, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" can be heard as "Små negrer i sanden" in swedish. It translates: Small niggers in the sand.

yikes!
  8. Originally posted by zooTV4allAccording to some people, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" can be heard as "Små negrer i sanden" in swedish. It translates: Small niggers in the sand.

how the hell do people hear that?
  9. ---
  10. when i first listened to ATYCLB i did not buy it but a friend of mine masterized it for me...and for almost a year "Peace on Earth" has been "peace and Love " for me.....
  11. Originally posted by Martiwhen i first listened to ATYCLB i did not buy it but a friend of mine masterized it for me...and for almost a year "Peace on Earth" has been "peace and Love " for me.....

Only one misquote there mate, the album

12. Originally posted by germcevoyRed Hill Mining Town as I heard it : ''I'm hanging on, you only slip to hold on to''

As its is ''I'm hanging on, your all thats left to hold on to''

"youre all thats slipped to hold on to" what the f@@K