1. Haha, now I hear shoarma beach, thanks a lot!
  2. In Lucifer's Hands: I heard 'with Elvis beginning to see the light within' instead of 'The Velvets beginning to see the light, amen.'
  3. In The Fly, "Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
    All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief"

I always thought he said cannonball instead of cannibal.
  4. Rather a big one: For a long time I thought the line in Zoo Station was not 'I'm glad to say I'm glad to be alive' but 'I'm ready to say goodbye to bein' alive' which is a huge difference....
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Rather a big one: For a long time I thought the line in Zoo Station was not 'I'm glad to say I'm glad to be alive' but 'I'm ready to say goodbye to bein' alive' which is a huge difference....
    hahaha, that totally changes the meaning. So wrong

Although not as bad as:

Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:here's one that I swear I heard after a few times listening to City of Blinding Lights:
    The real lyric: "What happened to the beauty...inside of me"
    What I heard: "What happened to the beauty...of sodomy"

6. Just noticed that U2.com lyrics for Bad say "find a way" not "fade away" ?!?
  7. Yeah I've seen that too...

I always thought it was "fade away," it sounds more like it to me.
  8. Surprised U2.com haven't titled it "if I Could, i Would".
  9. I always thought it was fade away but listening really closely to the album version it could easily be find a way it's very unclear. I also think find a way would maybe make more sense as a lyric too.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I always thought it was fade away but listening really closely to the album version it could easily be find a way it's very unclear. I also think find a way would maybe make more sense as a lyric too.
    Pretty sure that's got to be a typo (the website actually says "find away" which doesn't make any sense - "find a way" might make some sense).

For me it's definitely "so not to fade away" on the studio version and when sung live. Maybe it was the original written down lyric or something like that, or maybe U2.com has done the unthinkable and sourced their lyrics from one of these dodgy lyrics websites that say what they think the lyrics are.