1. U2.com's lyrics are often bafflingly bad. For Moment of Surrender, one of the best lyrics in this incredible song - 'every eye looking every other way counting down til the pain will stop' - has (or at least used to have) 'counting down til the Pentecost' on U2.com. Sorry... what? That's not even an unclear lyric!
  2. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:U2.com's lyrics are often bafflingly bad. For Moment of Surrender, one of the best lyrics in this incredible song - 'every eye looking every other way counting down til the pain will stop' - has (or at least used to have) 'counting down til the Pentecost' on U2.com. Sorry... what? That's not even an unclear lyric!
    I remember that one ( think we should have discussed it in the Moment of Surrender - All discussions thread) and I still sing it like that sometimes just for fun.
  3. It doesn't make any sense! He's clearly saying 'pain will stop!' That one always bugged me. (And for the curious, I checked, and it still says that.)
  4. You're packing a suitcase for a place nana versus bean.

Walk On
  5. This is quite a bad one considering the clue is in the song title but when I was younger I used to think axl rose sang 'take me down to the very last city' instead of paradise city.
  6. Beginning of Blackout, I was convinced he was singing 'dancehall wonders why it walks the Earth' - and thus I was baffled.
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Beginning of Blackout, I was convinced he was singing 'dancehall wonders why it walks the Earth' - and thus I was baffled.
    Ha! Sure Bono writes some nonsense lyrics every now and then, but that would've been a bit too much!
  8. Here we can discuss @miryclay's insistence that Bono is singing "Salvation Army Blues" in Angel of Harlem
  9. *~discuss~*
  10. Lol, There’s nothing to discuss he isn’t.
  11. Edge's backing vocals on mofo always caught me out never knew what he was singing for years as no website had the exact lyrics until U2 start put them up

Holy dunc, spacejunk coming in for the splash
    (Been around the back... been around the front)
    Wh-wh-white dopes on punk s-staring into the flash
    (Been around the back... been around the front)
    Looking for the baby Jesus under the trash
    (Been around the back... been around the front
  12. I actually meant 'Salvation in the Blues'. That is what I originally posted.