1. Well, I had tickets to watch God Save the Queen yesterday night; I had seen them already a couple of years ago so I was really excited to see them again.
    And yes, they were amazing again this time.

BUT... totally unexpected to me, because I wasn't paying attention to it, it turns out they had another band opening for them on this tour, so when I got there I found out that I'd get for the same ticket to watch a U2 tribute band as well!

So I got GSQ/DSR AND Zen Garden.

When we entered the theatre Patti Smith was already on the PA, so it was a very exciting and weird feeling (specially because I felt like no one around me had any idea of many things like that about U2, since they weren't really a U2 crowd).

Anyway.
    The band was good enough. First U2 tribute band I've seen live.
    There were a couple of misplaced falsettos that felt a bit weird, so that makes you think "that's NOT Bono", but then there were a few times when the singer mixed some verses/lyrics in the songs and so that makes you think "THAT is Bono!"

In the lows I'll say there's Streets, they kind of dragged too much the intro without actually "kicking it" (the Edge's delay never led to that moment when the song really kicks in, you know which one, when the white lights and the crowd finally explodes). Also using yellow/purple lights instead of the traditional red didn't help either.

The singer is still "holding on". He has the mannerisms and the voice, but he lacks the confidence and showmanship of Bono; yeah, well, that's not for sale on the store, I know that, but yet he still has that vibe of being an imitator, an actor playing -not very convincingly- a character. That is more noticeable when you compare him against the frontman of the main show: DSR's Freddy really plays the part and has made the mannerisms and character his own, he doesn't feel like faking it.

Finally, I really got a weird vibe at SBS. I've seen opinions about it in other places too, and I thought it didn't really matter, but seeing them live it does mattered to me. They're not irish. They haven't experienced the struggles. They don't get to be screaming "No More!" and singing angrily this song. As fans, sure, you get to scream and to be irate; but performing? I didn't enjoyed it too much, and I did feel like it trivializes U2's position on this issue.

But anyway, the show is pretty good. The "lows" shouldn't stop you from enjoying the show.
    I (We?) got "Shine like Stars" and "Hear Us Coming Lord" which was awesome.

Here's the full setlist:

People Have the Power -Patti Smith -PA
    1. The Miracle
    2. Streets
    3. WOWY/Shine like Stars
    4. Vertigo
    5. Beautiful Day
    6. NYD
    7. SBS
    8. The Fly (Daddy's Gonna Pay Intro)
    9. Desire (Hollywood Remix)
    10. Pride
    11. ISHF
    12. one.org video/One/Hear Us Coming
  2. there are very good tribute bands in italy like Achtung Babies

3. I saw Spyplane (Spain's best U2 tribute band) last night on U2Valencia's anniversary party. They we celebrating their own 10th anniversary as a tribute band and played a 32 song setlist plus an improptu encore due to audience's cheering. Great great night. No voice left!

01 - Out Of Control
    02 - Electric Co.
    03 - I Will Follow / Raised By Wolves (snippet)
    04 - Heartland
    05 - Street Mission
    06 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / several snippets
    07 - New Year's Day
    08 - Exit / Gloria (snippet) / Riders On The Storm (snippet)
    09 - Bullet The Blue Sky
    10 - Running To Stand Still
    ---Zoo TV interlude---
    11 - Zooropa
    12 - Acrobat
    13 - Lady With The Spinning Head / The Fly -- [medley]
    14 - Mysterious Ways
    15 - One / Unchained Melody (snippet)
    16 - In A Little While
    17 - Angel Of Harlem (with horns section)
    18 - When Love Comes To Town (with horns section)
    19 - October
    20 - Tomorrow
    21 - The First Time (snippet) / Bad
    ---Numb (videoclip imitation)---
    22 - Discothèque
    23 - Lemon
    24 - With Or Without You
    25 - The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    26 - Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
    27 - Iris / Drowning Man (snippet)
    28 - All I Want Is You
    29 - Purple Rain (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
    30 - Pride
    31 - People Have The Power (with horns section)
    32 - "40"
    ---improptu encore---
    33 - Until The End Of The World
    34 - Stand By Me

The singer asked for my U2start flag and waved it during UTEOTW

4. Now that's a setlist I'd love U2 to play!