1. Recently been watching Buenos Aires 06 and during WOWY Bono has the Lyrics coming up on a dispay monitor on the main stage, I know to memorise 27 years worth of material must be hard going but surley not this song. Is this a common thing for him to need? I noticed that Peter Gabriel had a siimilar monitor during his recent summer tour. Any thoughts?
  2. I think that actually all the artists have them. I have stage pictures of Green Day, Aerosmith and many more where you can see the monitors. I don't think Bono uses the monitor all he time, it's just a good way to remember the lyrics if you're struggling to. I wish he had used them for A Sort Of Homecoming on the Elevation Tour

The most shocking moment for me was while watching ZOO Sydney DVD. I realized that MacPhisto was reading his speech on those monitors!!
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongI think that actually all the artists have them. I have stage pictures of Green Day, Aerosmith and many more where you can see the monitors. I don't think Bono uses the monitor all he time, it's just a good way to remember the lyrics if you're struggling to. I wish he had used them for A Sort Of Homecoming on the Elevation Tour

The most shocking moment for me was while watching ZOO Sydney DVD. I realized that MacPhisto was reading his speech on those monitors!!

Hadn't noticed that before, gonna look out for it next time!!
  4. Originally posted by lloydius57Hadn't noticed that before, gonna look out for it next time!!
    It dissapointed me A LOT.
  5. I've seen him read some translations of things he'd like to say to foreign some audiences. I think I Still Haven't Found from Buenos Aires shows this very well/

Could be worse though. At least he doesn't mime
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It dissapointed me A LOT.

I wouldn't get so pissed. Everything about Mr Macphisto was staged and well rehearsed
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyI've seen him read some translations of things he'd like to say to foreign some audiences. I think I Still Haven't Found from Buenos Aires shows this very well/

Could be worse though. At least he doesn't mime
    Also the snippet of "Solo Le PIdo A Dios..." is (very badly) read.

At least he doesn't mime XDDDD
  8. I think every artist uses them. Recently I heard the same story about the Rolling Stones. Making mistakes in a concert is terrible for an artist and audience, so this is the right way to prevend them I must say I never recognized those screens on the Sydney DVD...Well, I don't really mind..If the show's better when they use these things, then why not?
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyI think every artist uses them. Recently I heard the same story about the Rolling Stones. Making mistakes in a concert is terrible for an artist and audience, so this is the right way to prevend them I must say I never recognized those screens on the Sydney DVD...Well, I don't really mind..If the show's better when they use these things, then why not?
    If a singer remebers the lyrics of 30 years ago and makes One mistake, he has a 9,9/10. If he simply reads them in a monitor and makes Zero mistakes, for me he has a 5/10. Just IMO of curz.
  10. if its obvious it can ruin the moment....like on the Milan dvd....
  11. Originally posted by Guentherif its obvious it can ruin the moment....like on the Milan dvd....
    Yes. But I prefer a ruined moment (ASOH from Slane 01 is a very good example) than a Rehearsal-Like concert, with no mistakes and only reading lyrics.
  12. Well, at least he doesn't playback (Britney and many others)...

I think it's usual for artists. I can sing along with most songs, and I'm sure Bono can sing along with all the songs, but it can happen during a show that you'll struggle with some lyrics and such a monitor can be a big help. But Bono also leaves the main stage a lot and there's no monitor, I think.