1. Hello all, I have a burning question. I've heard tell of a concert in which Bono was threatened by assassination (on JT or R&H tour I think) and Adam was standing in front of him during Pride. Which concert was it, and where the heck did I read it? Thanks so much.
    Love,
    Nera
  2. Hello Nera!
    First time I see you in the forums.

I don't know what was the date of the concert you're talking about, but I heard that story too. I read it on U2BYU2 and I also listened to Bono telling it in a bootleg, New York Hotel Astoria if I'm not wrong. You may have know about it in one of these ways.
    Anyway I guess it was from the Joshua Tree Tour, but I'm not sure...

See you around!
  3. you'll probably read it im U2 by U2. Some other stories about them tells this story too(i've even seen it on MTV)...
    the thing is he was being threatened by IRA members, because of his speach against the "revolution" they were making...I think CIA was involved, they told u2 to cancel the show, but Bono didn't wanted. He went, did the show, but during pride(i think) he realised that he was risking not only his life, but from everyone around him, and he freak out, but when he opened his eyes, adam was standing there, in front of him. (btw, i really like this story! )
    The story is more or less like that, right? but i never really thought about witch concert it was... that's a pretty good question!
  4. Originally posted by _BrownEyedGirl_ you'll probably read it im U2 by U2. Some other stories about them tells this story too(i've even seen it on MTV)...
    the thing is he was being threatened by IRA members, because of his speach against the "revolution" they were making...I think CIA was involved, they told u2 to cancel the show, but Bono didn't wanted. He went, did the show, but during pride(i think) he realised that he was risking not only his life, but from everyone around him, and he freak out, but when he opened his eyes, adam was standing there, in front of him. (btw, i really like this story! )
    The story is more or less like that, right? but i never really thought about witch concert it was... that's a pretty good question!

alright you have the story entirely wrong. It was an extremist racist group comparable to the KKK who threatened him over singing Pride. U2 were pushing to make MLK's Birthday a national holiday and White Supremacists were not happy.

The IRA are a different group ENITIRELY,
    (And the threat was empty btw)

And the Show was in Texas first show of the first leg
  5. well, I know it was empty and that are completely different things, but i could have sworn it was IRA (or at least, alegedly them) ...
    anyway, thanks for the clear up anyway.
  6. Thank you so much, guys! I've been hunting for that for ages, thank you so much! It's great to see you all! Hope to see you around! (edit:Logical follow-up...does anyone have video?)
    Love,
    Nera
  7. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

alright you have the story entirely wrong. It was an extremist racist group comparable to the KKK who threatened him over singing Pride. U2 were pushing to make MLK's Birthday a national holiday and White Supremacists were not happy.

And the Show was in Texas first show of the first leg

I thought Bono said at the end of the Joshua Tour, in Tempe
  8. yep U2 BY U2..i remember that too
  9. Originally posted by paolom3yep U2 BY U2..i remember that too

I just read this. Indeed, it's in U2 by U2. And I think it was a tempe show.
  10. It goes something like this:

"...towards the end of the tour..." So it's not the beginning! I'll look for it and give you the page.
  11. This is a moving moment on the book. He had to be mad to sing that song even being threatened...
    Bono has balls
  12. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

Correct. Bono talks about it on Induction to Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame.