1. Originally posted by Angel_or_DevilOne of the best moments from the vertigo tour had to be Bono's speech during the introduction of Miracle Drug. Pittsburgh 2005-10-22 DOWNLOAD IT!!. Bono talks about how edge is from the future and he came to them on his space ship which played the notes of miracle drug. Funniest Bono speech ever.

OMG, I just listened to it, it's hilarious! "Larry walked up to him and said, who are you? And he said :"I AM THE EDGE!" ...LOL!
    Is there a video of this on youtube or some where?

EDIT: This seems to be it...well it isn't, but the speech seems to be the same (haven't seen it yet, bad internet connection right now :-|)

2. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Aaaaw...didn't know that ...so is she better now?

And Steve, about Pop...that's just a guess I made...they weren't happy with the album and it wasn't received that good. But ATYCLB was a great success and so was HTDAAB. Even in Honolulu they thank people for giving them a second chance, they do that all the time now! They thanked the people on the grammys too, and even in Slane Bono says it (something like, we had an incredible year - that is, after ATYCLB, after their "come back"- one of those you just don't deserve, thank you for giving us a great life)...

Yes she is better now.
    I knew one or two people didn't like the Pop album but didn't know it got bad press on the whole. I always thought Bono was just kissing ass when he says thanks for giving us a great life/second chance etc, never read much into it.

Yes the speech is very good, sadly i cant seem to find an exact video of it, although the above video is close. Would have been great to have seen edge's expression- doubt he would have kept a straight face.
  3. I miss these moments, I miss these crowds. The whole GA jumping up and down non stop. Wow.

4. I was there in 2005 great show but unfortunately with poor sound at the Croke Park
  5. I am not a conservative, but I miss the times photos and videos were not allowed in U2 shows...by then (until Elevation Tour) people had no other chance but to dance...nowadays, they go to a U2 because they want show the world that they were there, and they have this strange gesture of putting both hand together and hold them up...for the smartphone and then they just stay there and stare to U2 through their phones!
  6. My best concerts were Croke Park 1987 went to boith shows, but With or Without you at the sencond one was amazing. The Love Town gigs in Ireland at the end of 1989 were pretty special for me too.....
  7. 13 x times when U2 enters the stage and started to play.

And Amsterdam 1 & 3 2005.
  8. Streets in Glasgow. 22.10. 6/11/2015. Very first time seeing the band. Amazing!
  9. "Don't turn around, and don't look back / C'mon now looove... don't you LOOK BAAACK!!"

vs

"I remember when we could sleep on stones / Now we LIIIEEE together in whispers and moans"

Which is the most heartbreaking verse?
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:"Don't turn around, and don't look back / C'mon now looove... don't you LOOK BAAACK!!"

vs

"I remember when we could sleep on stones / Now we LIIIEEE together in whispers and moans"

Which is the most heartbreaking verse?
    These are the real questions we need to be asking.

Bring them both back!
  11. "A Sort Of Homecoming" Croke Park, Saturday 27 June 1987.

Bono's speech leading into this classic song: "I grew up In this part of the city, we all grew up in this city, this country. I've loved it and I've hated it. And sometimes I've felt frustrated by it, but I've always believed in it. After reading all the newspapers of the last few days and seeing all your faces it's a great thing to have this city, this country believe in you. This is a Sort of Homecoming"

it was the perfect into into this song at this time in 1987.
  12. Originally posted by daymo1202:"A Sort Of Homecoming" Croke Park, Saturday 27 June 1987.

Bono's speech leading into this classic song: "I grew up In this part of the city, we all grew up in this city, this country. I've loved it and I've hated it. And sometimes I've felt frustrated by it, but I've always believed in it. After reading all the newspapers of the last few days and seeing all your faces it's a great thing to have this city, this country believe in you. This is a Sort of Homecoming"

it was the perfect into into this song at this time in 1987.
    I wonder what was going on in Dublin back in June '87 for Bono to make that comment. Great intro (and rendition) nonetheless.